Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T2 -£48k <GULP>

Original post swingle

It was the Cali or the Danbury T2 for me - the retro look and their power-steering was a real pull, but in the end, the sheer *factory-build* quality of the Cali won me over.
And the Cali is so highly spec'd as a basic - try and spec a Danbury to a similar level and there is no change out of £50K (I managed to get up to £54K before I decided to stop ticking every option!)

Original post californiaman

Similar story here. I thought a new T2 would be ace and the prices stared at a very reasonable level but then.... do you want a steering wheel with that, Sir? Seats? Glass in the windows? Unbelieveable...

Looked into the Danbury Brazilian T2 early this year and corrosion a real issue.

We saw one 18 months old at this years Sandown. The owners a young couple from Brighton, were very disappointed as the corrosion had already started in the normal T2 places gutter, bottom of doors, and seals etc.

We ended up getting a Aussie T2 and restoring it but thats another story.

You can't deny that the T2 has a classic look and style but they are a bit like owning a classic car. The Cali is a far more practical usable camper which you love for its versatility and a style of its own .

Original post calitess

Struggling to get an idea of what the sleeping accommodation is like on the T2.

We are firmly committed to the sheer quality & practicality of our Cali.

Original post Calikev

Love the style of the old t2,s owned 5 over the years saw a new one it has lost all it's original character and for that price I could never imagine it to be as refined as the Cali
Or built to the same quality.i will be sticking to the Cali for sure. Report to

We had a serious look at Danbury a couple of months ago and were pretty impressed......until we looked at Calis. There is no question that Danbury do a very good job on their conversions but at the end of that day that is what it is.. a conversion. Simple example is the dining area; with a Danbury you sit side by side, with a Cali you can do that or sit opposite comfortably.
I wouldn't dismiss Danbury but as has been pointed out they are bloody expensive for what they are. However; you don't see many in the used markets!

We had a look at the Danbury and were pretty amused. So much for so little, then the additional pricing. Plentyof room for spanners in our California.