Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Cali 2002 SatNav disc Europe

qyouquestion

qyouquestion

Qyouquestion
VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
image.jpg Hi All, novice here, can anyone help with Sat Nav Disc for Europe? I am travelling through France and Spain in September.
I have a LHD California Westfalia 2002 with CD sat nav UK Ireland, it’s a Blaupukt Tele Atlas 2007/2008
Can I just purchase any disc? or does it have to be specific? Ie for this model of German Camper?
Where would you recommend I go to get a good day nav disc?
Thank you in advance
Qyou

You could ask a dealer. It might be cheaper (and easier) to get a cradle for your phone and use Google Maps though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could ask a dealer. It might be cheaper (and easier) to get a cradle for your phone and use Google Maps though.

Yes you maybe right lots of people on here not rating the quality or usability of said sat nav anyway.

Yes you maybe right lots of people on here not rating the quality or usability of said sat nav anyway.

I think @sidepod replaced his with an Alpine with touchscreen. Probably much more serviceable being a modern unit too. You could always keep the original unit for the day you choose to sell your Westy on - if that day ever came.

image.jpg
I think @sidepod replaced his with an Alpine with touchscreen. Probably much more serviceable being a modern unit too. You could always keep the original unit for the day you choose to sell your Westy on - if that day ever came.

Yes I cant afford that this is a picture of the disc I’ve got that works for uk Ireland looking to buy similar disc for Europe.

Yeah. Potentially a costly route to take if you want to keep the same features. Have you searched eBay?

Searched ebay but they all seem to be for mercy or fords and individual countries not the whole of Europe.

Searched ebay but they all seem to be for mercy or fords and individual countries not the whole of Europe.

I noticed that too. I think your best bet is to start by asking at a dealership. It’s a pretty old system now so chances are if you did find the CD/CDs you needed they would still be missing a chunk of info.

You can not find a disk for the whole of Europe, because your device can only read CDs maybe? You need a DVD drive for the whole of Europe. You need to search for two CDs with the individual data for France and Spain.

You can not find a disk for the whole of Europe, because your device can only read CDs maybe? You need a DVD drive for the whole of Europe. You need to search for two CDs with the individual data for France and Spain.
Hi Pedster, that sounds right the disc on eBay are of France and they are £24.00 each couldn’t find one for Spain though? My pal said he’d let me borrow his TomTom, are they ok?
Qyou

I noticed that too. I think your best bet is to start by asking at a dealership. It’s a pretty old system now so chances are if you did find the CD/CDs you needed they would still be missing a chunk of info.

Thanks, yes I’ll try them although I might on this occasion until I can afford an upgrade borrow a sat nav.

Hi Thanks everyone for advice, I ended up buying a Tom Tom start 52 from Aldi for £89.00 with Europe Maps lifetime updates. Very happy

Back