Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Cali

Ninja1965

Ninja1965

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
671D4D94-B301-469B-857F-550AFBAC88E0.jpeg Hi all
I am a new member I have a red 1992 T4 Westfalia left hand drive affectionately known as Ruby .
I have had her four 3 years
Love going to the south coast for weekend with the kids can’t get enough roll on the summer
I have a small problem with the electrics the leisure system doesn’t work , but not stopping me using her every chance I get

Dave671D4D94-B301-469B-857F-550AFBAC88E0.jpeg

Welcome Dave, someone on here may be able to help with the electrics. Van looks in great nick! :welcome

Welcome Dave!
Nice red one! Friend of mine has something similar in green (T4 Multivan Westfalia).

Looks like a peach. We love a sparky problem here, what’s up?

Welcome nice looking T4 hope someone maybe able to help you with the issue.

Looks like a peach. We love a sparky problem here, what’s up?
Hi
The leisure battery’s and control unit in cab doesn’t work, if the engine is running the interior lights work but not when engine off , I did find a blown fuse under fridge which I replaced but still won’t work off leisure.
I get power to sockets behind driver seat on hook up ?

Hi. I am sure there is an inline fuse between the hock up socket and the control unit. How you checked with a meter if there is power getting to the control unit when on hook up. If there is not that fuse maybe the fault.F

Hi
All the fuses have been replaced ,well all the ones I found
I have been told it could be the split charge relay ? Which apparently is under the fridge, I have have a look can’t find any relays under the fridge , but not sure what I’m looking for .
Do you know what it looks like ?

Square black box.
A3FF2F81-4A4D-4389-82DC-51DC2D62B1AE.jpeg

I think we need to start at the beginning.

You have no 12v leisure power?

Don’t remember seeing that relay under my fridge !!! Will have a look .
Many thanks

Ok first thing is to check you have 240v into the charger.
Plug the van into hook up. Make sure the trip switch is up (door pillar behind the drivers seat) and check for voltage at the plug going into the charger.

Plug the van into hook up. Make sure the trip switch is up (door pillar behind the drivers seat) and check for voltage at the plug going into the charger.

Right o I’ll have a look probably won’t be till next weekend .
Thanks

Hi tried to check 240v on hook up but when I switch on the breaker pops !!
Had a look under fridge no relay only a fuse and a big square box that looks like a transformer?