Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 California Base

Writehanded

Writehanded

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all, Thanks for letting me join. I'm near San Francisco, California and have a 2002 Weekender (for us) California (sounds better) that I've owned since new. I've driven it mostly stock through the years. A few years ago, I purchased a T3 Vanagon Westfalia that I fell in love with. My Weekender sat mostly on the sidelines as I romanced my other van. I camp and fish a lot all over California and the US west coast. Then, last week, I awoke as from a dream, sold my '87 Westy in about 4 hours and have been dedicated to upgrading the '02. I just ordered a Lift Kit from gowesty.com that will raise up the van about an inch and a half to two inches, added fox suspension and new rims (black) and tires. That conversion will be happening next week. Next, I lost the rear facing seats and am building out a little cabinet in that space that will include a Propex heater. I'm hoping to get a Slidepod or if I can't get one here, build one out, though I'm sure the original version would be best. So, though I've owned numerous VW campers (Westys) and though I've owned my T4 for 18 years and have gone on numerous trips with it, I find myself at the beginning. It's a great place to be! I look forward to meeting all the enthusiasts on this forum. I'm sure you are aware that T5 and T6 VWs aren't imported to the US. How dumb is that?Da Van.JPG

Welcome along great looking van i do love a T4