Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 shakes starting out in first gear.

C

cskins

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
I have a 94 t4 coach hightop 1.9 litre non turbo. When its cold and just starting out in first gear it shudders pretty badly. The choke helps the problem. After its warmed up the problem improves immensely. Any thoughts. Thanks and happy Holidays.

I have a 94 t4 coach hightop 1.9 litre non turbo. When its cold and just starting out in first gear it shudders pretty badly. The choke helps the problem. After its warmed up the problem improves immensely. Any thoughts. Thanks and happy Holidays.

I’ve got the same van & same issue. Be interested to hear any ideas in this thread.

Cheers

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve got the same van & same issue. Be interested to hear any ideas in this thread.

Cheers

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Unfortunately I can’t help you, but if you don’t get any info from other T4 members, this site which is more dedicated to T4 Vehicles, vans and conversions, but especially the mechanical side of things may prove more useful.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=146

Had this problem years ago on my t4
It’ sounds like u got clutch judder!

Gearbox engine mount is shot.

Cheap and simple fix.

Back