Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Westfalia Canvas Replacement

R

RobertA

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Morning.
I’m after a few measurements from a T4 Westfalia roof, the vehicle is an 1998 vehicle. Looking to order a replacement canvas (custom made) for a customers vehicle but they are on holiday so I can’t get access to the vehicle.
Really could do with some one measuring the framework inside the roof that the canvas is fixed to.
1/ length and width of the internal beading frame that’s on the underside of the roof (and the thickness of the beading).
2/ approx length and width canvas where it is fixed to the vans roof.

Any help much appreciated
Cheers Rob

Why custom made? Just get the genuine item from Günzl in Germany.

Last time I looked they were around 350 Euro.

https://www.vwbusshop.de/epages/Gue.../Shops/GuenzlClassicParts/Products/701070717H

I’ve fitted one before and they are a high quality item. I guarantee any custom version you buy will be rubbish by comparison.
Why custom made? Just get the genuine item from Günzl in Germany.

Last time I looked they were around 350 Euro.

https://www.vwbusshop.de/epages/Gue.../Shops/GuenzlClassicParts/Products/701070717H

I’ve fitted one before and they are a high quality item. I guarantee any custom version you buy will be rubbish by comparison.

The customer has decided they want a more modern style opening scenic canvas in a bright colour. It would be a lot cheaper to buy an original replacement but after spending quite a lot of money on a new roof and all the associated parts I’d like to try and get her exactly what she wants. Not for the purist but could always be changed..

Fair enough. I wouldn’t be confident measuring the roof for you. It’s not an exact shape.

Could you not give the old canvas to the guy making the new one?

This could be interesting so please let us know who is making it and post some pics of the finished item.

FYI, they’re easy to fit. I did post here pics of the last one I did.
I’m about to order another new one from Günzl.

I’m not too fazed about the fitting as I’ve done a few other types but getting the canvas right is a slight worry as it’s got to be right right. But I will post some pictures in a few weeks once it’s done