Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Wind Noise from roof all of a sudden

A

Aidanm

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi lovely people..
We’ve got a 1999 T4 2.5tdi since August which we absolutely love :)
When we got the van it was as quiet as our previous car, but now all of a sudden seems to be really noisy wind noise which seems to come from front of the pop up. Can’t feel any wind up there with my hand. Have tried opening and closing a few times.. seal seems good. Any ideas? Can I adjust how tightly the roof seals closed? Thanks!!

Interesting as I’ve had similar. Previous van was v quiet but the new(er) 2003 T4 is noisier.

I’ve checked catches/seals etc as you but no obvs problem. A mystery

......oops didn’t read your thread properly.

You can adjust the catch. The long spigot thing that points downwards from the roof is adjustable. Undo the not at the base and screw the spigot in or out.

This should alter how tightly it closes. Don’t go too far as it may be difficult to close.

Report back on success/fail.

How about the spoiler above the windscreen? Is that still firmly attached? When stationary it may appear normal so you may want to get up there and give it a waggle. That’s the technical term for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had another thought about this. It’s obviously been getting colder recently so the need to use the heating is higher. Have you any back seat passengers who may of increased the fan speed on the rear heater controls above the fridge? If you’re unaware of this the fan noise from near the rear step could sound similar to an unclosed door or roof. Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discovered the windscreen seal is pooped. Noticed this while sitting in the van and the missus closed the boot and the lower half of the left side windscreen actually lifted off the Frame.. Must get booked in to get this sorted and hopefully that will sort the wind noise. Will update with results.

Discovered the windscreen seal is pooped. Noticed this while sitting in the van and the missus closed the boot and the lower half of the left side windscreen actually lifted off the Frame.. Must get booked in to get this sorted and hopefully that will sort the wind noise. Will update with results.
Hopefully not the case, but it sounds like you may have some corrosion around the window frame if it's come away how you describe. Fingers crossed it's not that major.

Back