Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Bike Rack - Is the 4th arm for a VW T6 bike rack compatible with a VW T5 bike rack?

H

Haze

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi, we have a VW T5 bike rack which is missing the 4th arm. What length was the original 4th arm that would have come with the rack (it's 2nd hand so we never saw the original)? CamperVanBits has a T6 4th arm that is 15cm long (with a clamp at either end). I presume this can also be used on a T5 rack?

You can still buy the original 4th arm for the original T5 bike rack. I think I can't post a link because moderators won't allow posting a link to this specific reseller. Not sure why, but something seems to have happend a long time ago. But, anyway, I found it by typing 'vw t5 bike rack arms' in google search. I'll give you a hint; it's a campervfvantastic reseller ;-)

Great thanks, I've just checked that. Sadly it's out of stock (and £75!). I'm curious though as it looks longer than 15cm - so was that designed to attach bike 4 to bike 1 perhaps? The 4th bike arm for the T6 rack (on sale with the shop linked to this club) is much cheaper, so hopefully that would work too?

That's very useful thank you. It seems to be double the length of the t6 one so maybe locks bike 2 to bike 4, or perhaps the rails on the t6 rack are closer together..

If it helps, we always just strap the 4th bike to the 3rd with a strap. You know, the straps you use to fasten a load (like surfboards) on the roof. Works fine.