Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Bike rack

C

Canyon

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Evening All,

We have had our T5 for half a year now and the van itself came with a Fiammi 3 bike tailgate rack. I am after a genuine VW T5 4 bike rack now that my youngest is bike ready... Could anyone please advise on the actual model name of the VW genuine T5 bike rack (or is that it?) and could anyone recommend a good site to get 2nd hand ones... I just want to make sure I am getting the right one as there does seem to be quite a few out there.

Thanks in advance

Danny.

If you look at a T5 rack and a T6 rack you will see the difference immediately.
Depending on your urgency for it, I'd sit and watch ebay and this site as they always pop up even gumtree. Bought mine off ebay a couple of years ago for a decent price.
Just be prepared to travel for it as you'll have to be very lucky for one to come up local.

Thanks loads.

In which case, is it just called T5 rack then?. It doesn’t have another name. If that is the case, that’s great.

Yes.
Just had a quick look around and genuine vw racks, second hand, are going for about £450! Seems a bit high or I managed to get a bargain.
Just type in vw t5 bike rack and it'll come up with what you need.

That’s cracking, thanks v much. As you say £450 used is pretty steep.. I have seen some sold already at just over half of that, so I’ll bide my time. Cheers again

Evening All,

We have had our T5 for half a year now and the van itself came with a Fiammi 3 bike tailgate rack. I am after a genuine VW T5 4 bike rack now that my youngest is bike ready... Could anyone please advise on the actual model name of the VW genuine T5 bike rack (or is that it?) and could anyone recommend a good site to get 2nd hand ones... I just want to make sure I am getting the right one as there does seem to be quite a few out there.

Thanks in advance

Danny.

Hi, Cheers for the offer, but I ended up sucking it up and buying one, not too long before lockdown... love it... looking forward to use it for more than a day

Hi Danny, Now you have a new bike rack, are you selling the Fiamma rack?
I would be interested in why you didn’t get on with it and how much you want for it?
thanks
Rob

Hi, Rob. Sure we would be happy to sell. To be honest, there is nothing wrong with the Fiammi, our one came with the van and I just preferred the look of the T5 rack. We also needed 4 bike rack so either way we needed an extension. If you want Fiammi, we live in Surrey, not sure if that would work for you?

Hi Danny, Now you have a new bike rack, are you selling the Fiamma rack?
I would be interested in why you didn’t get on with it and how much you want for it?
thanks
Rob
I think the OP is referring to the older model of Fiamma rack (still offered) rather than the newer model. The old one is perfectly functional but looks like you've had the scaffolders around. The newer model looks similar to VW's own design.
It is mainly a looks thing, but the vw design ones allow you to park closer to bollards and lowish walls.

Hi, Rob. Sure we would be happy to sell. To be honest, there is nothing wrong with the Fiammi, our one came with the van and I just preferred the look of the T5 rack. We also needed 4 bike rack so either way we needed an extension. If you want Fiammi, we live in Surrey, not sure if that would work for you?

Hi
Surrey is good, we’re Hampshire, but have family near Guildford.
How much would you want for it, and do have have a picture of it fitted to the van.

Hi
Surrey is good, we’re Hampshire, but have family near Guildford.
How much would you want for it, and do have have a picture of it fitted to the van.
Hi we are just outside Guildford, I’ll see if I can dig out a photo attached and unattached and send

Hi Danny
If you haven’t found a bike rack for your T5 yet I have one I want to sell. I bought it for my T5.1 california. It has been used about 3 times and always stored inside. It is in very good condition with only a few minor abrasions. I am in York so don’t know if that is convenient for you or not. I am looking for £300.
Regards
Roger
Did you sell this one please?

Did you sell this one please?
Hi
Sorry I sold it quite quickly. I thought I had put sold on it so I’ll check. I am just going to sell two very nice Claud Butler hybrid bikes if you’re interested.
regards

roger

Back