Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Cali Sliding door not flush when closed

Daveb999

Daveb999

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Ive noticed an issue with the sliding door. It seems to close properly but the rear is not flush with the van. Ive checked the guide rail, for anything that might be in the way but cant see anything wrong.

Any ideas?

0AD068C6-71EB-4090-9E2F-F3626FD9E54A.jpeg

Do you get the noise of the motor pulling it in? If you give it a shove does it close fully?

Do you get the noise of the motor pulling it in? If you give it a shove does it close fully?
HI

No motor noise and ive tried shoving it in various areas without any luck.I think it might be a fuse problem. I had an issue with the central locking the other day and removed that fuse. I have it booked in with an auto electrician on Monday so hopefully he can resolve all ills.

I have had it intermittently on mine but a push in on the
left side of the door pulled it in.

Its happened a couple of times and i've never got it fixed but it
works good now,
The T5 has a few electrical gremlins.

I had about the same issue, only the lock in the sliding door was giving a false contact and the motor pulled the door closed when in first lock.
Changed my sliding door lock and now it works well again.
It might be that your lock is faulty too, not telling the car the sliding door is closed, thus not activating the motor for the soft close?
Do you see your sliding door open on the dashboard? Do the lights go out when you put on the ignition?