Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Front Curtain vs Roller Blind

Seaview

Seaview

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello :)

I was out for a walk and noticed a European number plated T5 Cali parked up with built in roller blinds similar to those found on the new T6 on the front window.

Does anyone know why we get the fabric curtain here on T5's and if the roller blind could be retro fitted to a UK T5?

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find the answer on here.

Hello :)

I was out for a walk and noticed a European number plated T5 Cali parked up with built in roller blinds similar to those found on the new T6 on the front window.

Does anyone know why we get the fabric curtain here on T5's and if the roller blind could be retro fitted to a UK T5?

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find the answer on here.

The UK RHD T5 had a whole diffrent dashboard than the LHD it simply was that way.....if you want to know why guess you need to ask VW .
My 2012 LHD has the built in rolling blinds in the front , on the 6-ers they have changed the disign a bit.

Last edited:
Your explanation makes sense with the different dashboard, thank you.

You can retrofit the LHD T5 windscreen blinds on a RHD. It had been done by at least one person on the forums. Just a small amount of trimming is required to the A-pillar trims to make them fit the RHD dash.

However, it is quite an expensive retrofit and, from what I can gather, not a very good system anyway. The T6 system looks better and I have often wondered if it could be retrofitted to a T5. I suspect it probably could but I don't think anyone has tried yet.

Mark

To me the blinds look a little neater than the fabric curtain but I am sure like most things they both have their pro's and con's.

Back