T5 SE Overhead display - blank screen

Mike Frost

Mike Frost

2009 130 T5 SE - "BARBARA ANN"
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All,

We've had this issue before, usually after winter lay up, but the unit's been on all day and still no detail on the screen.

1 - is there an easy fix?
2 - Can I fix it, or is it a dealer issue?

Very grateful for your pearls of wisdom!

Mike

Hi All,

We've had this issue before, usually after winter lay up, but the unit's been on all day and still no detail on the screen.

Mike
You have 2 options, maybe 3.
1. New unit from VW, 2 yr warranty but expensive £800 or so.
2. 2nd hand unit, if you can find one.
3. Repair via a company in the Netherlands that Forum members speak highly of. The communicate in English.
See Post 4 onwards..

Thanks Welsh Gas!

The Netherlands outfit look to be the way to go, people speak well of them.

We've loaded the van up for departure tomorrow am for Devon - we'll go and hope that the display reconstitutes itself - as it has done before - by the time we get to destination. If not, we'll just have to come home again...:(

Try disconnecting the batteries and reconnecting

Do the lights on the buttons light up
when you turn it on?

Hi All,

Mike
Thanks Welsh Gas!

The Netherlands outfit look to be the way to go, people speak well of them.

We've loaded the van up for departure tomorrow am for Devon - we'll go and hope that the display reconstitutes itself - as it has done before - by the time we get to destination. If not, we'll just have to come home again...:(
Hi we have a 2008 t5 cali and had the problem of lines across the control panel making it unreadable. I contacted Verotronics in the netherlands and they said they would look at it. I sent it recorded delivery at a cost of £11 and after a week received an email from them saying it was unrepairable. They charged £25 for looking at it and £25 to send it back plus vat. So, nearly £70 out of pocket and still can't read the panel. The club shop have stopped selling the reconditioned ones and can't get a supply of new so only answer is a vw dealer for a new one or try 1st Coice Spares who will try and source one for you. The serial number is 7H7 906 453 C. I'm currently awaiting delivery of one which they sourced from Germany for £125. Fingers crossed it works! Good luck

Back