Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 SE seats - lumbar support query

Velma's Dad

Velma's Dad

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We have a 2015 T5 SE, with the standard rotating front seats.

On both seats there is a lumbar support knob, which rotates but never seems to make a significant difference to the seat back: ie there is no progressive forward 'projection' of the lumbar support to any useful degree.

I've assumed that it's something broken (although on both seats, which is odd) and am intending to refer it to the dealer while it's still under warranty.

But has anyone had similar prob? Thanks.

We have a 2015 T5 SE, with the standard rotating front seats.

On both seats there is a lumbar support knob, which rotates but never seems to make a significant difference to the seat back: ie there is no progressive forward 'projection' of the lumbar support to any useful degree.

I've assumed that it's something broken (although on both seats, which is odd) and am intending to refer it to the dealer while it's still under warranty.

But has anyone had similar prob? Thanks.
I've detected some movement but not anything significant.

Our passenger one sticks out quite significantly the driver one doesnt seem pretty useless adjuster to be honest.

Thanks all.

It sounds then that the lumbar support aspect doesn't really do anything, other than make the seat back very slightly stiffer?

In other cars I've had, where there has been adjustable lumbar support, it has always been possible, on the 'firmest' setting, to have a fairly pronounced 'bolster' in the small of one's back.

I think I'm just going to have to use a small cushion, on long trips.

Of the T5s and T6s I've test driven, and now the 9 year old T5 we own, I've never detected any change with the lumbar adjustment...

I've have a 2011 cali from new and I have never been able to detect any movement of the lumbar when rotating the adjusting knob. It is one of the jobs I think I must find out how it operates & has something (cable) been disconnected. I had leather seats as an original option only to find out later that the covers were fitted in this country before delivery. Hence the door trims, rear boot trim & seats have all been messed with on a new vehicle. I'm still fixing some of the problems where the trims have not been refitted correctly. Latest being the rear bench tilt mechanism fell to bits and some of the bits appear missing (I may be blaming people unfairly here).

Thanks bh-15. Sort of glad but also sad to hear I'm not the only one with non-adjusting adjustability. :(

Mine work but the amount of movement is slight. I can still find a sweet spot though which is comfortable.

why a relief... it's not just me then..... basically a placebo lumbar support knob

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Back