Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 under bed fascia (wih drawer) - is right hand fascia piece easily removable?

davidgmo

davidgmo

GO'nwiTheFLO
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi

I wonder if anyone knows whether the small fascia piece to the right of the under seat/bed on a T5 Cali is easily removable please?

It is difficult to see the fixings (bolts?) from the rear and also may be difficult to remove from the front.

Does anyone know if it can be removed and easily replaced please?

Reason is that to would help store long items eg poles/awnings that would otherwise be compromised by sliding the bed forward and back as this piece of fascia travels with it

Welcome any insight into this conundrum

Thanks

Flo's owner, David

There are no screws to undo it pulls up & forward to come out.

Oh that is so kind of you to do a video and so quickly after I asked!
It was posted on this forum in May of this year. So it's not that fast. It's even before you asked!
But I couldn't find the post I posted it in, so I linked it again.
I always found it really easy to remove, but I ended up swearing trying to get it back in!! :rage
Without looking it's a bit of a wiggle (as shown in the movie), but if you look closesly at the 3 pins and the 3 holes, it goes quite easy.

Without looking it's a bit of a wiggle (as shown in the movie), but if you look closesly at the 3 pins and the 3 holes, it goes quite easy.
Still, with all the looking it the world, I'd either get it first time, or spend an hour cursing

Apologies in advance as I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the relevant thread. How do I remove the 'cover' at the side of the under bench drawer? I want to use the 'free' space between the drawer and kitchen unit.

Apologies in advance as I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the relevant thread. How do I remove the 'cover' at the side of the under bench drawer? I want to use the 'free' space between the drawer and kitchen unit.
Pull it forwards, it just clips in

Post #5 above.

Back