Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Upgrade Query (Audio/ Lighting/Table)

P

Phil75

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Despite the high demand currently (we looked everywhere) we've picked up a pre loved Beach today and having previously owned a T6 version a few years ago there are already a few things we've spotted that need sorting. On the whole we're very happy with the older version (not that dissimilar to T6) except for a few things.
  1. The pullout table is missing the clips for the side support. I think its from an Ocean. How easy is it to get hold of this. Should VW replace FOC?
  2. How easy is it to replace the stereo with a touch screen sat nav, apple car play and rear camera? will the parking sensors still work.
  3. Where can you buy lights for the roof bed. The Flexi ones that plug into the 12v plug?
  4. There is an outstanding recall “75A1 - California corrosion” - Is this still covered by VW warranty. Our van is a 2015 version.
Any suggestions welcomed. We're based in Hampshire.

Despite the high demand currently (we looked everywhere) we've picked up a pre loved Beach today and having previously owned a T6 version a few years ago there are already a few things we've spotted that need sorting. On the whole we're very happy with the older version (not that dissimilar to T6) except for a few things.
  1. The pullout table is missing the clips for the side support. I think its from an Ocean. How easy is it to get hold of this. Should VW replace FOC?
  2. How easy is it to replace the stereo with a touch screen sat nav, apple car play and rear camera? will the parking sensors still work.
  3. Where can you buy lights for the roof bed. The Flexi ones that plug into the 12v plug?
  4. There is an outstanding recall “75A1 - California corrosion” - Is this still covered by VW warranty. Our van is a 2015 version.
4. The recall covers ALL vehicles from 2010 to 2017.
3. VW or this one which is better.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KYK97QO/?tag=eliteelect-21
2. Easily replaced, plug and play if you get the right one.
1. VW, but I'm not sure if you can get the clips on their own.

1. If its an Ocean table check that the legs are long enough! The later tables have shorter legs & the clips don't line up with the groove in the ocean kitchen hence the clips not being fitted anymore.

Clip part numbers in the thread, not sure about the plastic for attaching to the table, but it should give the dealer a starting point to sourc3 all the bits ( or replace the table)

More part numbers

Stereo- look at the Rns510 for starters, easy retro fit

Last edited:
Reading light : google search “volkswagen new led reading light”

Or use the search function on this wonderful forum

What stereo does it have currently? I assumed all Beaches come with touch screens. I have a RNS510 DAB coming up for sale, lovely unit, but no CarPlay.

Ok, you have a few options.

1) The VW RNS510 touch screen with Sat Nav / phone will slot straight in, should take about 10 mins to fit and all the phone system should work by default.

2 Buy a Kenwood one that's a direct fit like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BB2M2LW/?tag=eliteelect-21 a bit trickier to fit as uses it's own mic but has Apple CarPlay.

3) Get an aftermarket solution, trickier to fit but cheaper to buy.

Happy to answer any questions or Jason at Absolut 5 knows everything about after market solution.

Thanks Welsh Gas & Perfectos. I think I'll need to buy a whole new table as there are no holes where the clips might fit.
The table is still usable in the van, using four legs rather than two, a new table will be expensive.

Yes, it is the top of the range VW Sat Nav for the T5
I have the RNS510 DAB OEM from factory, and find the touch screen maddeningly inconsistent in reaction to touch: sometimes a light touch works, sometimes not, sometimes a firm touch works, sometimes not, but 100% of the time it's never the first one you try. Is it only mine? No Car Play, so I would never consider buying another one.

Back