Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5

Vanesa2005

Vanesa2005

Hola on my way from Cancún Mexico to Montana US, I’m new at this forum so excuse me if this is no the right place to share this matter .
I have an oil leak in my pop top pump, of my T5 Cali, the screw that works to release hidráulic pressure is leaking, It damage my control box, I have put an O ring on the screw and tight it, but the leak still there , any one with that problem that might help with a solution? By the way the screw won’t come off I have to put the O Ring through the head of the screw
Thanks so much
Roberto

I don't have this problem, but it seems you will need to take out the pump to be able to check what is really going on.
Unfortunately a new pump costs about €1400 here in Belgium.
Unless you could find a second hand pump, or be able to restore your own pump, it will be a very costly solution.

The screw is fixed in, its not meant to come out.
If you get the pump out you could probably get it reconditioned.

If you are really struggling with parts and know-how, you might want
to start looking into converting the roof to a manual one, like what the
beach vans have. Cost is about 1000€.

Already took the pump out and saw that screw leaking, maybe something is wrong inside the pump and as a result the leak, but the pum works fine, and can not seal definetly that screw since it’s helps realest presure in case pop top won’t come down, thanks everybody I’ll keep you posted, mean while no upper bed
Gracias

Sad story
After looking so long for a new hydraulic pump for my pop top van, I decide to buy it to this VW CaliClub Shop, I have sent photos and a number that a VW dealer gave me, the pump must be sent to Montana USA where I had left my van, Im currently in Cancun Mexico, when it finally arrived it was wrong part, they only send the electric engine that moves the hydraulic pump, since more than 30 days had pass by, the refuse to make any changes, still got the problem, I ask then for help to get what I need, they never get back to me, I understand the sanitary emergency, but its been so long, very poor quality service from our own forum store, its a shame, now since that I had found a dealer in Italy that got it, and took the time to help me, I finally bought it, and its on its way shipped to me.
If any body needs an electric engine let me know.
Attach is the photo of my original request.

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-14 a la(s) 15.58.03.png