Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5_2007 4Motion Cruise control failure

Claudiopinto

Claudiopinto

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi guys

I have made some research on what could be be going wrong in my Cali.
The multi function steering wheel cruise control unite is not working.

After reading about some failure issues over the net, saw that it could probably be the brake or clutch switch. But also learned that that problem's usually is detected when you link the car to the VAG or other diagnostic software.
Well, in my cali it appears to have no faults, so know the problems start's...

It could be on e of a hand full of problems like brake switch or clutch switch, but seems stupid to just guess and buy the new switches...?
Has anyone that the cruise control not working without any issue being resisted on the vag?

Seems I can´t any new help :(
Probably will have to let my Cali at the local dealler

Find a member with VCDS (Vagcom) and get them to check out the operation of the cruise control switch contacts also the clutch & brake pedal switches.
That should make a start in the diagnosis.

Rod

I had the same problem on my Alfa Brera, it was the brake switch which had worn out. It was causing the brake lights to flicker on and off and cancelling the cruise.

I was baffled for a wheel. It would work sometimes then suddenly disengage at random other times it wouldn't engage at all. I twigged when bumpy roads always disengaged it as it got worse. The brake light switch was a £9 fix for the alfa that I did myself (and Im not very practical) and it solved the problem instantly. Cruise controls are all generally linked to the brake switch (and maybe clutch too) and won't engage if the brake lights are on in any capacity.

Back