Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Beach windscreen blind conversion

Minime082

Minime082

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all, so i decided to convert my T6.1 Beach to have the 'A' pillar blinds fitted as they are not standard nor an option in the UK. All parts are available the same as Ocean/Coast models. 'A' pillar trims are straight replacement. The upper fixing mount involves removing the roof centre panel and fitting the mount in place of the blank plate along with x2 support screws. The hardest part is the lower mount on the dash. I had to make a template then cut the square slots in the dash along with drilling x3 holes to fit the spreader rivets once all fitted works a treat.20210309_064714.jpg20210309_065506.jpg20210309_070332.jpg20210310_190140.jpg20210310_190640.jpg20210310_190757.jpg

I've always wondered why VW have never bothered fitting windscreen blinds to all three models. I suppose it's VW's way of keeping the Beach in peasant spec as per their advertised sales strategy.

It looks like an interesting and fairly simple project to execute although I suspect the parts won't be cheap.

Good luck.

Personally, I rather like the simplicity of the standard VW cab curtains. I know they're not popular with everyone but they do come with the van and are dead easy to fit plus there's nothing to go wrong.

Personally having used curtains on our T5 and now with fitted blinds on T6, I rarely use them and prefer curtains. Glad they work for you @Minime082 and nice job.

I've always wondered why VW have never bothered fitting windscreen blinds to all three models. I suppose it's VW's way of keeping the Beach in peasant spec as per their advertised sales strategy.

It looks like an interesting and fairly simple project to execute although I suspect the parts won't be cheap.

Good luck.

Personally, I rather like the simplicity of the standard VW cab curtains. I know they're not popular with everyone but they do come with the van and are dead easy to fit plus there's nothing to go wrong.
They fit them on european Beachs but not an option for UK Beach the specs are odd compared to other countries

Nice Job Minime,

can you share the part numbers to assist others in future.

did you get a template for the base plate or was that good old fashioned measuring ?

Nice Job Minime,

can you share the part numbers to assist others in future.

did you get a template for the base plate or was that good old fashioned measuring ?
L/H A pillar trim 7LA867269 Y20
R/H A pillar trim 7LA867270 Y20
Top bracket 7E7067181C
X2 screws N90698606
Lower support 7LA861571A 82V
Support cover 7LA861572 82V
X3 Spreader rivet N90536901

I made a template out of cardboard and measured it against an ocean dash as vw dont supply dimensions or a template

Difficult to say as i get the parts at cost price and labour was my own time of approx 3 hours work. If people want this doing i reckon it would normally cost between £800-£900 depending on dealers hourly rate
That would put me off immediately. In fact half that price would deter me.

That would put me off immediately. In fact half that price would deter me.
I would love the blinds but the thought of taking the van apart for them puts me off.. it was £300 and an easy fit, I may have been tempted.

I would love the blinds but the thought of taking the van apart for them puts me off.. it was £300 and an easy fit, I may have been tempted.
Agreed

It is expensive each A pillar costs £290 on their own. Only thing to take apart is the roof console. Im fortunate to get the parts at cost and fit myself so no labour cost involved.

Back