T6.1 built in wifi

andyinluton

andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Anyone know who’s infrastructure the built in Wi-Fi uses on a T6.1
Am on a site suffering poor coverage with Vodafone - only one bar on 3G connection.
If I paid for a data allowance on the built in Wi-Fi would I either get a better signal just because it’s a better Arial in the van than in my phone or getter a better signal because the data provider uses O2s infrastructure.

Or is it a case of don’t bother it’s VW and software so it probably won’t work anyway?

I think it may be the latter as the system has said welcome loading user profile for the last ten minutes, so it doesn’t look like I will be able to get to the setup screen anyway!

Cubic Telecom? They use EE I believe

I used them briefly in an Audi esim end of last year and found it ok for basics, useless for anything more than that. It was at least a rolling monthly contract, so you could try it out, it might have improved?

Think they also offer a free 7 day trial which might be a sneaky option for you now?

The data plan was low, £15 for 5gb over 90 days and connecting wireless CarPlay or the nippers Switch burned through it ridiculously quickly.

MiFi router with an alternative sim is probably a better and cheaper bet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back