Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Coast no climatronic option?

T

toeknee

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi

speccing the t6.1 coast and there is no option for rear aircon on the configurator. The 3 zone ‘climatronic’ is standard on the ocean but seems to be not available on coast.

Has anyone got more info on this? I ‘think’ I need it because we will be using the van for trips to south France and my experience of 35c+ during the last few summers makes me think it will be useful. That is based on the assumption that without it the rear of the van will not be sufficiently cooled by fans in the front only because of the large space. However if it’s just about teeaking temperatures in various parts of the vehicle then I could live without it (and looks like I’d have to if I want a coast).

Hi

speccing the t6.1 coast and there is no option for rear aircon on the configurator. The 3 zone ‘climatronic’ is standard on the ocean but seems to be not available on coast.

Has anyone got more info on this? I ‘think’ I need it because we will be using the van for trips to south France and my experience of 35c+ during the last few summers makes me think it will be useful. That is based on the assumption that without it the rear of the van will not be sufficiently cooled by fans in the front only because of the large space. However if it’s just about teeaking temperatures in various parts of the vehicle then I could live without it (and looks like I’d have to if I want a coast).
One of the major differences between the Coast and Ocean.

I ‘think’ I need it because we will be using the van for trips to south France and my experience of 35c+ during the last few summers makes me think it will be useful.
If you don't have rear passengers you can do with the simple AC. We have it in our Coast and survived Portugal last summer!

One of the major differences between the Coast and Ocean.
You used to be able to spec it on the beach. I suppose it’s a way of pushing people to upgrade all the way if they feel like it’s an important option

I have travelled in 35-40c temps last year in my Beach which only has the AC in the front and I admit the AC did work hard but it was still quite bearable inside and even the dogs were comfortable. We used the rear fans to keep air circulating.

So do you think the option is more targeted towards tweaking 3 zones of temperature through the van as opposed to enabling the rear passengers to be cool in high temps?
Many thanks for your thoughts by the way

I've never sat in the back during high temps but I suspect it would still be warmer back there without the rear ac than with. The dogs certainly weren't panting so it can't have been too bad. With the rear ac it would be much quicker to get comfortable in the back with the rear AC and more effective too without the front AC on high settings.

Last edited:
As always with these things people rarely have experience of both I suspect.
For me with the 2 children it was one of my must haves, and it certainly only takes a few minutes to bring the temperature right down in the back with 3 zone.(plus closing the blinds when parked up) It helps warm the whole van through quicker too, based on hire vans with front air con only.
The down side is it gives the children more buttons to fiddle with when on the move. Fortunately you can control it from the front as well, which is useful when you realise you are getting steadily warmer and they have turned the rear heating to Max. Can be cured by sliding the seat forward so they are out of reach!

The orig press release from Hannover and the recent UK flyer / brochure both showed Climatronic as options for Coast and also all the connectivity and media infotainment stuff - in fact the only things you can't have on a Coast only on the Ocean seemed to be the electric roof and graphite grey cabinets...so twill be interesting to see if this is true as it read like you could spec a Coast up to be like an Ocean apart from the roof really...

The orig press release from Hannover and the recent UK flyer / brochure both showed Climatronic as options for Coast and also all the connectivity and media infotainment stuff - in fact the only things you can't have on a Coast only on the Ocean seemed to be the electric roof and graphite grey cabinets...so twill be interesting to see if this is true as it read like you could spec a Coast up to be like an Ocean apart from the roof really...
Yes. I’m sure when the official configurator for t6.1 coast came out you could add it as an option for about £900. Might be my mind playing tricks with me. As of yesterday the option didn’t exist. Maybe just a bug with configurator that will be rectified.

Back