Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Coast rear bench set - lifting the base

A

andybee33

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and my first VW California - a new 6.1 Coast which I took delivery of on Wednesday. Still very much at the 'getting to know it' phase :)

I've been focusing on getting it suitable protected before it gets all marked and grubby! I've got Brandrup carpets for the habitation area and boot floor (also the bench drawer bottom) and VW rubber mats with the centre section for the front.

I also purchased a set of Inka second skin seat covers which I'm very pleased with. I've almost finished fitting them but I'm having a slight access issue fitting the straps for the base cover on the rear 2-seater bench. I've noticed that the rear of the seat base lifts up but only by about 4 inches, so I'm struggling to get the velcro straps from the covers fitted correctly. Is there some sort of magic trick or other operation which lets you lift the seat base up a bit further? I've checked the manual but can't find anything helpful.

thanks and kind regards,

Andy

Just to say that I've found a restraining strap that holds the seat base down. Temporarily undoing this did the trick!.

Back