Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 dimensions

S

Simon8132

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Having just ordered a 6.1 coast I’m trying to work out how likely I am to get it in the garage. My garage entrance is 2159mm does anyone know if that’s wide enough with the mirrors folded. I’ve searched everywhere for dimensions and can only find mirrors on and mirrors off.

Just run a tape measure over our 6.1 Coast, with the mirrors folded - 2150mm (I’m not guaranteeing that measurement!).

Width of my door opening is 2140mm,and van just clears with mirrors folded.IMG_20200606_141733.jpgIMG_20200606_141807.jpgIMG_20200606_141757.jpg

Width of my door opening is 2140mm,and van just clears with mirrors folded.

Widen doors Brembo I did but you’ll need new door as well

Having just ordered a 6.1 coast I’m trying to work out how likely I am to get it in the garage. My garage entrance is 2159mm does anyone know if that’s wide enough with the mirrors folded. I’ve searched everywhere for dimensions and can only find mirrors on and mirrors off.

The most accurate dimensions I've seen are per the brochure image below.

I assume Volkswagen took the measurement from the mirror (even though the dashed line suggests it's slightly in from that). They caveat that there are manufacturing tolerances and the diagram/measurements are illustrative. Every mm counts given your door aperture!

That being the case, and assuming symmetrical mirrors (you'd hope), a mirror is about 19.65cm. I don't know if the folding mechanism is the same as passenger cars but they fold at a 3/4 angle which means they're not as flush as they could be. I'd suggest calculating off 75% of a mirror width on the profile. Given all these caveats, reversing in with mirrors folded, I'd say you're going to be at 2198mm.

I reverse in to a garage with a 30mm tolerance with one of my cars and have used black/yellow markers to align my reverse points. Every sensor is red and everything is flat tone beeping with the fervour of a helicopter stall warning. Also worth a thought - I'm not sure if the autonomous brake will kick in under such tight tolerances - I've had some strange experiences with VAG collision avoidance in tight parking and you might need to disable sensors before attempting a tight fit too.

Screenshot_2020-06-28_at_06.46.57.jpg

Back