Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 - Does the steering wheel have paddles?

S

subthree

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Still waiting for our T6.1 Ocean to ship...

Out of curiosity, could those of you that already have your T6.1 clarify whether the steering wheel has paddles or not? Thanks!

Still waiting for our T6.1 Ocean to ship...

Out of curiosity, could those of you that already have your T6.1 clarify whether the steering wheel has paddles or not? Thanks!
No paddles.
Sports steering wheel wasn't an option either.
It's going to take a while for my muscle memory to forget. Every time I come into a corner my fingers instinctively go to blip it down a couple of gears before accelerating out of the bend and then I remember I've lost 200+bhp and gained a kitchen!!
You can shift the gear lever over to the right and then you can hold it in gears and shift up and down if needed.

No paddles.
Sports steering wheel wasn't an option either.
It's going to take a while for my muscle memory to forget. Every time I come into a corner my fingers instinctively go to blip it down a couple of gears before accelerating out of the bend and then I remember I've lost 200+bhp and gained a kitchen!!
You can shift the gear lever over to the right and then you can hold it in gears and shift up and down if needed.
Thank you. I thought that was the case and I also noted that the sports steering wheel wasn't an option, which i think it was on the T6. When driving my A6, 99% of the time I just leave it in "D", but when going up/down a steep hill, or wanting to control the gears through a bend, it can be nice to use the paddles rather than moving the DSG gear lever. Ho hum. Not a big deal, but I would have ordered it if it was an option.

I have paddles on T6, never use them

Does anyone ever use them?

I've owned two cars in the past with flappy paddles. Never used them and TBH after the first five minutes I forgot they were there.

Had paddles on my JCW and ….. hmmm not really. Far easier to stick it in sports and push / pull the lever.

I do use the paddles on the PHEV for the regenerative braking

Does anyone ever use them?

I've owned two cars in the past with flappy paddles. Never used them and TBH after the first five minutes I forgot they were there.
Probably only needed if you were up sh1t creek