Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Downstairs Bed Topper Size

F

Ferryman

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi
Ordered a coast and was looking to get a topper for downstairs. I know the bed on the T6.1 coast/ocean is now 195cm long instead of the 200cm (I think) for the T6. I cant see it mentioned but I presume this means you have 5cm more floor space which will work well for us being of average height and with the space being very tight for potti etc!

Anyway the custom mattress toppers from comfortz/duvalay/zonesleep/s2s/brandrup all seem to be sized 200cm+ which I guess must result in some overhang in T6.1? Does anybody know if there are any options that are specifically sized for the T6.1 downstairs bed other than the VW one I didn't spec or making up something custom?

Thanks.

Hi
Ordered a coast and was looking to get a topper for downstairs. I know the bed on the T6.1 coast/ocean is now 195cm long instead of the 200cm (I think) for the T6. I cant see it mentioned but I presume this means you have 5cm more floor space which will work well for us being of average height and with the space being very tight for potti etc!

Anyway the custom mattress toppers from comfortz/duvalay/zonesleep/s2s/brandrup all seem to be sized 200cm+ which I guess must result in some overhang in T6.1? Does anybody know if there are any options that are specifically sized for the T6.1 downstairs bed other than the VW one I didn't spec or making up something custom?

Thanks.

Thanks this was on my list due to all the positive feedback. But its listed as 201cm long so will overhang the T6.1 bed by 6cm on paper. Any real world experience or pics here would be great? All pics I've come across show the mattresses in the T6 only.

I have checked with the club shop and they don't have anything specific as yet. Also they actually state the zone sleep overhangs by 4cm on the website which is possibly less than the others but I would rather something that's flush or even slightly shorter. I guess many wont care and it is unlikely that any of these manufacturers will do a second version specific to the T6.1 when the difference is small.

Checked also with campervan tastic who offer the custom duvalays and they didn't seem to be aware of the size difference and just said they work fine with both!

Thanks this was on my list due to all the positive feedback. But its listed as 201cm long so will overhang the T6.1 bed by 6cm on paper. Any real world experience or pics here would be great? All pics I've come across show the mattresses in the T6 only.

I have checked with the club shop and they don't have anything specific as yet. Also they actually state the zone sleep overhangs by 4cm on the website which is possibly less than the others but I would rather something that's flush or even slightly shorter. I guess many wont care and it is unlikely that any of these manufacturers will do a second version specific to the T6.1 when the difference is small.

Checked also with campervan tastic who offer the custom duvalays and they didn't seem to be aware of the size difference and just said they work fine with both!
We use this S2S mat in our 6.1, it is brilliant. If it overhangs by a couple of cm I haven't noticed. Even if it does it is super comfy.

We use this S2S mat in our 6.1, it is brilliant. If it overhangs by a couple of cm I haven't noticed. Even if it does it is super comfy.
Hi #subthree, have you got the 'double' or the 'campervan' size?

Hi #subthree, have you got the 'double' or the 'campervan' size?
"Campervan" for our 6.1 Ocean. Fits like the proverbial glove. Really, really, really good!! Just buy one whilst they have stock.

(Not my photo below)

Screenshot_20210105-172731.png

Last edited:
Can anyone please tell me the specific size downstairs between the 6 and the 6.1. We are ordering a duvalay topper for our 6.1 coming in Feb however they have a template only for the 6. Is it 5cm longer? Has anyone ordered custom topper from duvalay for 6.1 ocean?

Regards

Mike

Can anyone please tell me the specific size downstairs between the 6 and the 6.1. We are ordering a duvalay topper for our 6.1 coming in Feb however they have a template only for the 6. Is it 5cm longer? Has anyone ordered custom topper from duvalay for 6.1 ocean?

Regards

Mike
Hi Mike
That's basically exactly what I want to know :)

What I do know is VW quote the bed in the T6.1 as 195cm long vs the 200cm that was quoted for the T6. This seems to be backed up by another discussion I found on the forum on sliding boot trays where they have to be 5cm less in depth for the T6.1 due to the parcel shelf portion of the bed being 5cm shorter and the seat sitting 5cm further back.

I presume the shaped corner cutout must be the same across both T6/T6.1 but again don't know for sure. So if this is the case and its just the length I think duvalay may be able to reduce the T6 template by 5cm as they are made to order.

This is the reason I'm keen not to overlap the floor space as it will be needed with young kids and not wanting to traipse across campsites in the middle of the night!

I have got a 6.1 owner measuring up for me

I've ordered a mattress topper from Campervan bits (Club Shop) for my Coast. We visited there and ordered one in December where they were measuring a 6.1 at the same time for the same reason. It was around £120. Just given them a ring, i don't think it's in the Club Shop yet

This is what I ordered:
Comfortz VW T6.1 California SE/Ocean Memory Foam Mattress Topper
  • Colour:
    Light Grey

I've ordered a mattress topper from Campervan bits (Club Shop) for my Coast. We visited there and ordered one in December where they were measuring a 6.1 at the same time for the same reason. It was around £120. Just given them a ring, i don't think it's in the Club Shop yet

This is what I ordered:
Comfortz VW T6.1 California SE/Ocean Memory Foam Mattress Topper
  • Colour:
    Light Grey
Thanks Ladymuck.

I gave them another phone today. Spoke to the same guy (Shane) as earlier in the week who's been very helpful. He's said they do have have the measurements from a 6.1 from December and plan to speak to Comfortz about getting a specific T6.1 version made i.e. not available yet. Totally confused now!

I have got a 6.1 owner measuring up for me
Spoke to Duvalay and they can shorten the T6 template apparently you just place the order for a custom topper of small double size and they will email most suitable template which you can make changes too. Conveniently campervantastic show the template they use on the website. Ordering a duvalay direct from campervantastic shows a £100 delivery charge for me! Also going direct to Duvalay they have a 15% discount until Monday which I may well go for.

Regards

Mike
I have got one, but I haven't tried it yet because the van (Coast) is sitting on the dockside in Germany :)

I didn't realize there was a difference. I don't think 50mm will cause a problem. If the bed is out then i'll generally be in it.

Thanks Ladymuck.

I gave them another phone today. Spoke to the same guy (Shane) as earlier in the week who's been very helpful. He's said they do have have the measurements from a 6.1 from December and plan to speak to Comfortz about getting a specific T6.1 version made i.e. not available yet. Totally confused now!
How annoying, when we originally went in they also told us they don't have the Comfortz mattress for the 6.1. but when I spoke to the owner who also owns Comfortz brand he said one could be made up no problem! No we haven't got it yet but its definately on order. Worth another try if you are not already sorted.

OK that makes sense thought you had it already. Maybe pre-orders are for in store customers only :). I have since found this which confirms conclusively!

https://shop.vwcamper.de/schlafkomfort/

'As of MY 2020, the lying surface of the new T6.1 bench is effectively 4-5 cm shorter, so that the mattress is also offered in a correspondingly shorter form. ( Calibed Prestige II Ocean T6.1 )

In the T6.1 there is also no need to adjust the height of the bed plate. The factory support on the bed extension must always be used.'

Spoke to Duvalay and they can shorten the T6 template apparently you just place the order for a custom topper of small double size and they will email most suitable template which you can make changes too. Conveniently campervantastic show the template they use on the website. Ordering a duvalay direct from campervantastic shows a £100 delivery charge for me! Also going direct to Duvalay they have a 15% discount until Monday which I may well go for.
Hi Ferryman, Ryan here from Campervantastic.

Your device may be using a VPN which means our website thinks you're not in the UK and adds a £100 delivery charge. Once you put in your address this will reduce to the correct postage, hope this helps. :)

Hi Ferryman, Ryan here from Campervantastic.

Your device may be using a VPN which means our website thinks you're not in the UK and adds a £100 delivery charge. Once you put in your address this will reduce to the correct postage, hope this helps. :)
Hi Ryan
Yes my work goes through Ireland so that's what it will be I thought it was my Scottish postcode it didn't like :). Thanks I will bear that in mind in the future.