Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Footrest (or lack of)

C

Chapmac

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi all,

Did my first long drive in our new T6.1 today and have found that I missed not having a footrest much more than I thought when driving for 3 hours.
There seems to be plenty of room for one in the foot well, does anyone know of a 3rd party that sells one, or one from another model that can be retro fitted?

I had a moment when I found out the T6.1 deletes the dead pedal. Then a sigh of relief when its only missing on the RHD Cali. For me its essential for short and long trips especially for spirited driving the in Audi S4. Hopefully someone has come up with a solution for UK T6.1's.

I haven't tracked a full kit down but did find ones for Audi and Golf available. Lots of cover but need the base support to be there already..

possibly (no idea if it will fit) the Audi one could be adapted & fitted.

Yes lots for sale on eBay. I wondered mainly if anyone knew of a particular model that would fit on without modding

Yes lots for sale on eBay. I wondered mainly if anyone knew of a particular model that would fit on without modding
Most on EBAY are just footrest covers, require a footrest to be already there.
Does the 6.1 have the rest without the rubber top or nothing at all as I believe to be the case?

? Universal.

T6.1 owners out there - how are you getting on with the lack of footrest? Is the footwell smaller than, or the same as T6 but just with the footrest omitted?

Getting on fine. The footwell is smaller by the size of the footrest. There’s still loads of room, just not quite as much as before.

Has anyone found a solution, homemade or commercial, for adding a footrest? May be some covered wood with velcro for attachment?

Has anyone found a solution, homemade or commercial, for adding a footrest? May be some covered wood with velcro for attachment?
Some ingenious person has fabricated a solution.

Some ingenious person has fabricated a solution.

Thanks for sharing. I'll get my DIY kit ready!

Back