Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 front spoiler

PhilR

PhilR

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I'm considering adding a dealer fitted front spoiler as I think they really make the front end look a lot better....well from the few pictures I've found. I believe the VW one is manufactured by ABT according to the accessories brochure. There's a small, useless picture of it on the VW website. Has anyone got any further details, or pictures of this front spoiler at all please? Or even better, has anyone had one fitted to their 6.1?

I'm considering adding a dealer fitted front spoiler as I think they really make the front end look a lot better....well from the few pictures I've found. I believe the VW one is manufactured by ABT according to the accessories brochure. There's a small, useless picture of it on the VW website. Has anyone got any further details, or pictures of this front spoiler at all please? Or even better, has anyone had one fitted to their 6.1?
Several pictures on the Vanstyle site if that’s the spoiler you want.

If you have deep pockets then this may be what you require

If you have deep pockets then this may be what you require

Gulp! You're not wrong. £1700 for a front skirt!

Do it properly man! Front skirt, side skirt, front grill and rear wing. Only £4,213. o_O
:D. Have you? Photos please if you have!!! Seriously though, I don’t really like the rear wing. If I was going to do that I’d have to go the whole hog and get proper lowering, big alloys, full skirting etc.... but I’d rather buy a cheap sports car! It is a camper after all. Just think the 6.1 front end is a bit “soft” looking and ones I’ve seen with a spoiler really improve it.

:D. Have you? Photos please if you have!!! Seriously though, I don’t really like the rear wing. If I was going to do that I’d have to go the whole hog and get proper lowering, big alloys, full skirting etc.... but I’d rather buy a cheap sports car! It is a camper after all. Just think the 6.1 front end is a bit “soft” looking and ones I’ve seen with a spoiler really improve it.
No way!!! I don't get the whole pimp-my-van thing, whether with body kits or wheels. It is a van, it will NEVER drive like a car and it will never be "sporty". As you say it is a camper. I love our 6.1, it is a very long-term vehicle, but on Weds I did a 300 mile round trip up the M1 and into the Peaks in my 5-year old A6. Easy, quiet and (with a 3 litre V6) very enjoyable drive! Our 6.1 has 150ps and it is also fabulous, highly impressive, but it is not a car.

Now that I like, it just sharpens the 6.1 without it looking like a pimped builder's van.
Yes, more subtle and looks like it 'should' be there and not prone to getting scrapped easily.

Unfortunately I’m a serial tinkering of motorbikes, cars and soon vans it seems, I love subtly improving things like performance and atheistic. I’ve already looked around for styling bits but because the 6.1 is still new there are relatively few splitter options out there. Abt being one and Leighton vans have another version, both quite pricey. There are also a few bottom mini splitter options but I’m not sure if they make much of a difference from pictures. My plan is to wait and see what comes out next year before making any decisions on styling, I’m also considering lowering if the ride doesn’t suffer too much. For the most part will run everything stock for a while before doing anything as I’ve always found that the best approach. Hard during the wait though!

Unfortunately I’m a serial tinkering of motorbikes, cars and soon vans it seems, I love subtly improving things like performance and atheistic. I’ve already looked around for styling bits but because the 6.1 is still new there are relatively few splitter options out there. Abt being one and Leighton vans have another version, both quite pricey. There are also a few bottom mini splitter options but I’m not sure if they make much of a difference from pictures. My plan is to wait and see what comes out next year before making any decisions on styling, I’m also considering lowering if the ride doesn’t suffer too much. For the most part will run everything stock for a while before doing anything as I’ve always found that the best approach. Hard during the wait though!
If you get the rear spoiler urge the ABT one which is usually pictured on a van looks perched up but on a Cali with the pop top it is about the same height and also permits a tailgate bike carrier to be fitted.

T6.1 seemed to have a rapid supply of add on parts due to the vans being so popular with the bling generation I think.

I've always favoured the Wolf in Sheep's clothing approach to styling.

My thoughts too, although I'm going for dealer fitted lowering springs. Dealer also fitting angled side bars and I've had a price of around £1k for a fitted front spoiler, so that's what I'm trying to find pictures of. VW's website says it's made by ABT but £1k seems quite reasonable so not sure which one it is exactly.
I would love to find a picture of a 6.1 (any variety) that has had this spoiler dealer fitted.

Seems reasonable to expect the normal ABT Style as below

Splitters look great on a Sports Liner VW T6 / T6.1 ....but a splitter on a CAMPER VAN are you serious.

Splitters look great on a Sports Liner VW T6 / T6.1 ....but a splitter on a CAMPER VAN are you serious.
Hang on. It's the same shape. Making a brick-like vehicle sporty is daft whatever model it is. And there's a reason they're called spoilers

Hang on. It's the same shape. Making a brick-like vehicle sporty is daft whatever model it is. And there's a reason they're called spoilers
All the more reason to improve the airflow if as you say a 'brick'.

Sports liners are slammed to the ground on skinney tyres and have menacing paint jobs. Calis have pop up roofs, wind out sun awnings and pretty (eye catching) two tone colours.

They’re all vans. I’m not trying to make mine look sporty, just a bit better which I think the spoiler or splitter does. But that’s just my opinion. If I want sporty I’ll buy a sports car!

They’re all vans. I’m not trying to make mine look sporty, just a bit better which I think the spoiler or splitter does. But that’s just my opinion. If I want sporty I’ll buy a sports car!
I’m with you on this.
A factory stock Cali is fine, but for me the joy of having one is the ability to tweak/personalise it to your own desires.
We recently went away with friends who’d rented a T6 and I know which one I preferred the look of.
F9200E48-8DFB-41B8-A0B8-E4BE0052F99D.jpeg

Sports liners are slammed to the ground on skinney tyres and have menacing paint jobs. Calis have pop up roofs, wind out sun awnings and pretty (eye catching) two tone colours.

How very black and white. You make it sound like these are two disparate and distinct species, as opposed to the reality – out on there in the wild one can spot the full spectrum of personalised and pimped souped-up panel vans and campervans. You’ll see plenty of vans with pop-tops also having been lowered and with low profile tyres, and spoiler/splitter adornments. As I was saying, they’re all the same design – if it looks daft putting accessories on one, it looks as daft putting them on the other. But each to their own. I love the DIY ethic and the ability to personalise these vehicles in addition to the freedom and joy they bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Abx
Back