Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 KITCHEN TAP.

X

X77

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Morning.
I took delivery of my T6.1 ocean a few days back. Unfortunately upon delivery the sink tap was missing, just the spout side. The dealer is sending me a replacement. Has anyone replaced one? Any advice, guidance you could give or is it straight forward if a bit of practical common sense is applied?

Morning.
I took delivery of my T6.1 ocean a few days back. Unfortunately upon delivery the sink tap was missing, just the spout side. The dealer is sending me a replacement. Has anyone replaced one? Any advice, guidance you could give or is it straight forward if a bit of practical common sense is applied?
I believe the spout and handle are push fits.

Reactions: X77
I expect VW will send you the whole tap and unless you want to crawl around under the sink to change the whole tap, you should be able to pull the new one apart and refit the spout. They’re slightly different than the pre my19 taps but they’re both made by Reich and so should pull apart in the same way.

Thanks. Not having to faf replacing the whole tap would be good.

Hi, hope someone here can help. Sink tap on Cal Ocean has come off.
Looks like a thread on the plastic that it appears to attach to, but doesn’t seem to have a ‘corresponding thread’ inside chrome section. I’ve tied pushing it on but that doesn’t work either.
It’s just over 2 years old , so still warranty just didn’t want to take in if it’s a fixable job ?

AC886BCF-A9ED-4D2A-927A-E23DA6E4F0F5.jpeg

59C9D360-7E04-4FE6-8529-32E31EBE7FAA.jpeg

79DEFB48-CEAB-4D28-AA6A-8214777D2A40.jpeg

Sink tap on Cal Ocean has come off.
ours came off on T5 it just pushes back on - a hard push felt like I was forcing it back on but it worked. It looks like it should screw on but it is a push.

Hi, hope someone here can help. Sink tap on Cal Ocean has come off.
Looks like a thread on the plastic that it appears to attach to, but doesn’t seem to have a ‘corresponding thread’ inside chrome section. I’ve tied pushing it on but that doesn’t work either.
It’s just over 2 years old , so still warranty just didn’t want to take in if it’s a fixable job ?

View attachment 83620

View attachment 83621

View attachment 83622
it will go on. try heating up the tap in some hot water. then line it up and really bang it on hard. it is not a thread. try a tea towel and use a malet or the palm of your hand

I tried pushing it but the whole back section started moving and was concerned I’ld further damage it … I’ll have another go later,
Thanks

Should it go all the way back over the rubber washer and the white rim or does it stop after the rubber washer ?

Should it go all the way back over the rubber washer and the white rim or does it stop after the rubber washer ?
Hi @BeeBee, it should look like this. I would be concerned about being too forceful when pushing it on because the body of the tap does feel a bit fragile. Maybe put something behind the tap (between it and the sink) to minimise movement and use some lubricant to ease it on (washing up liquid perhaps?)

FCB67893-DBE3-4BBB-B29E-55F09EA3B2AA.jpeg

Hi @BeeBee, it should look like this. I would be concerned about being too forceful when pushing it on because the body of the tap does feel a bit fragile. Maybe put something behind the tap (between it and the sink) to minimise movement and use some lubricant to ease it on (washing up liquid perhaps?)

View attachment 83628
Bee bees tap is a t6. Yours is a posh 6.1. Different taps betwixt them

Bee bees tap is a t6. Yours is a posh 6.1. Different taps betwixt them
Ah sorry @BeeBee, i’d started reading a bit further back in the thread at @X77 ’s post!
As my school teachers often noted in my reports ‘must pay more attention’ :)

I can not remember but it clicked in and was held in place

It will go over the o ring and seat itself. Good tip about using fairy liquid

Thanks all, in particular flying banana… did exactly what you suggested. Heated up the tap in a dish of hot water, put a jay cloth behind the bracket ( for support) a folded up tea towel on the spout and hit with our mallet…. yippee, success and on sweet as a nut

F773347F-8705-4064-8EB5-5FB559A10AA2.jpeg

Just informed my husband of my success and we agreed “bloody hell, these people are brilliant with their help”

Back