Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Ocean - 13 days, 594 miles...

After waiting 48 weeks for our van, you couldn't make it up. Had enough.

Really sorry to hear. And don’t blame you. Keep the faith though - hopefully it’s something minor and easily rectified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear this ! Fingers crossed it’s minor as I can see from some of your others posts you’ve been so patient with a positive outlook !

So sorry to hear this ! Fingers crossed it’s minor as I can see from some of your others posts you’ve been so patient with a positive outlook !
Let's see if Robinsons Norwich can sort it out quickly. Arrived with them today, after travelling overnight, but they didn't call me at the end of today with an update, despite it being in their workshop all afternoon. With We Connect you can see where the vehicle is and that the bonnet is open.

Sorry to hear that, that’s a kick in the Blocks

what did the very nice man say ? Did he have any idea why it had eaten the oil ?

How did you become aware of the issue ?
Last Friday we went for our first weekend away. Drove 80 miles, just as we arrived at the campsite the oil light came on. Checked the dipstick and it was dry. Bought 2 litres of oil and that took it half way between min and max.

Weds evening drove 25 miles. Came out to the vehicle after 3 hours to find a puddle of oil on the road.

Our 6 year old daughter was virtually crying as "Billy Ocean" went on the low loader yesterday.

Sorry to see this, very disappointing for you. Given it’s so new and visible loss rather than disappearing into thin air, fingers crossed it‘s an easy fix, pipe needs tightening up or similar. Keep smiling.

Last Friday we went for our first weekend away. Drove 80 miles, just as we arrived at the campsite the oil light came on. Checked the dipstick and it was dry. Bought 2 litres of oil and that took it half way between min and max.

Weds evening drove 25 miles. Came out to the vehicle after 3 hours to find a puddle of oil on the road.
I really sympathise with you.
The fact you have a serious oil leak may actually be a positive, as it should be easier to diagnose the problem which must be obvious, rather than a burning oil issue.

Hi Subtree, hope you get it sorted quickly and the dealer does something nice for you.

Girls and campervans, my wife made me tell our daughter yesterday that I had put our Ocean up for sale and she got really upset, trouble is she's a 25 year old teacher who's should have graduated from her masters in Education this week.

Hi Subtree, hope you get it sorted quickly and the dealer does something nice for you.

Girls and campervans, my wife made me tell our daughter yesterday that I had put our Ocean up for sale and she got really upset, trouble is she's a 25 year old teacher who's should have graduated from her masters in Education this week.
Thanks for your kind words.

TBH after 50 weeks of nonsense from VW I am quite happy to reject the vehicle, get a refund and forget the whole campervan dream. It's been nothing but hassle. VW UK aren't interested, they just push it back to the dealer all the time. Terrible performance when you are spending so much money.

Why are you selling your Ocean?

TBH after 50 weeks of nonsense from VW I am quite happy to reject the vehicle, get a refund and forget the whole campervan dream. It's been nothing but hassle. VW UK aren't interested, they just push it back to the dealer all the time. Terrible performance when you are spending so much money.

Totally understand why you would want to reject it. Seems quite a few people are having issues with 6.1s on here.

Re mine haven't used it as much as we wanted and a new house purchase in the near future, but that said if it doesn't sell happy to keep it as we have a few things planned over the next couple of months.

I wanted to take an early finish from work this year and spend a lot of time in the Med with Mrs K carrying on and keeping me in the lifestyle I have become accustomed too but with Covid no chance of that this year.

So sorry to hear this but don’t be disheartened.

The T6.1 has a lot little issues, I read about them here and on the German Cali forums, but this is the first time I have heard about an engine issue.

Don’t give up the dream.

We went to see our new T6.1 in the compound at Robinsons in Norwich (still waiting for DVLA) and it had a massive hole in the front passenger side tyre wall. We were told that it happened as it was driven off the transporter.

Your vehicle was probably on the same transporter - I wonder if whatever made the hole in our tyre also damaged something underneath your van? There was also a grease mark on the wing mirror. Can’t really imagine how it actually happened.

We went to see our new T6.1 in the compound at Robinsons in Norwich (still waiting for DVLA) and it had a massive hole in the front passenger side tyre wall. We were told that it happened as it was driven off the transporter.

Your vehicle was probably on the same transporter - I wonder if whatever made the hole in our tyre also damaged something underneath your van? There was also a grease mark on the wing mirror. Can’t really imagine how it actually happened.
You didn't see a T6.1 Ocean two tone white & bay leaf green did you? Not sure if ours had arrived at the dealer yet but was on it's way a week ago!!!!!!

You didn't see a T6.1 Ocean two tone white & bay leaf green did you? Not sure if ours had arrived at the dealer yet but was on it's way a week ago!!!!!!
Afraid not. I noticed another 2, 1 in Ascot Grey and 1 in Indium Grey.

[/QUOTE
Professional experience suggests both bits of damage you noted will be transporter driver related.

So gutted for you you’re right to feel that way.
I think you have been more than patient up to now.

So gutted for you you’re right to feel that way.
I think you have been more than patient up to now.
Thanks mate, genuinely appreciate your words.

Robinsons Norwich were meant to be working on it yesterday, but no one bothered to call me with an update. Luckily I haven't sold my beloved A6 3 litre V6 diesel, flys along effortlessly in total peace - apart from my tunes! Looks like we will need to amend our 3 week France holiday unless Robinsons Norwich sort it out quickly. I'm quite happy to kick it into touch, far too much hassle for a brand new vehicle with a current list price of £68k.

Genuinely appreciate everyone's input to my questions over the last year. Great community on here, but just not meant to be!

Thanks Simon.

These are the images of the damage - could I ask you if you have any idea how it may have happened? The hole in the tyre is epic!

View attachment 63450
Someone may have used that to smuggle in some drugs. Did not have the time to remove the tire so slashed it and got the booty out ... and ran

Thanks Simon.

These are the images of the damage - could I ask you if you have any idea how it may have happened? The hole in the tyre is epic!

View attachment 63450
That looks like it’s been cut with an angle grinder, perhaps under the circumstances Kurienup mentioned, although I wouldn’t know about drug smuggling like he does;)

Just is a serious chunk of tyre missing, not even a blow out would do that

Thanks mate, genuinely appreciate your words.

Robinsons Norwich were meant to be working on it yesterday, but no one bothered to call me with an update. Luckily I haven't sold my beloved A6 3 litre V6 diesel, flys along effortlessly in total peace - apart from my tunes! Looks like we will need to amend our 3 week France holiday unless Robinsons Norwich sort it out quickly. I'm quite happy to kick it into touch, far too much hassle for a brand new vehicle with a current list price of £68k.

Genuinely appreciate everyone's input to my questions over the last year. Great community on here, but just not meant to be!
Totally get your frustration, have you told VW that your holiday will be cancelled if the vehicle is not fixed immediately?
This somewhat ups the pressure on them as you are able to make a claim against them for consequential loss.

I’d reject that vehicle. Brand new engine running without / low on oil. Not something you’d want.

I’d get them to order you a new one and keep the one you have until it arrives.

Back