Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Ocean problems

RTT

RTT

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi folks. Only have our brand new T6.1 Ocean for just over a week and have had a few issues with it. Firstly the control panel screen said that the leisure battery was empty which it wasn't. Brought it back to the dealer and they reset it somehow. Then I noticed that the rear headrests were odd. The left one is fabric and the right one is leather. Then the other day I was unable to turn off the auxiliary heater and the touch screen froze with the please wait screen for over an hour. Even turning off and on the ignition wouldn't help. Not a happy camper and will be bringing it straight back. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Maybe they were hungover making our California .

IMG_20200708_134802.jpg

Hi folks. Only have our brand new T6.1 Ocean for just over a week and have had a few issues with it. Firstly the control panel screen said that the leisure battery was empty which it wasn't. Brought it back to the dealer and they reset it somehow. Then I noticed that the rear headrests were odd. The left one is fabric and the right one is leather. Then the other day I was unable to turn off the auxiliary heater and the touch screen froze with the please wait screen for over an hour. Even turning off and on the ignition wouldn't help. Not a happy camper and will be bringing it straight back. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Maybe they were hungover making our California .

View attachment 62823

IMG_20200708_134813.jpg

IMG_20200708_134806.jpg

So sorry to hear that you’re having these issues. Definitely get them logged with your dealer and consider contacting VW Commercial Vehicles customer service. This is not acceptable for such an expensive vehicle.

Reactions: RTT
Headrest. Poor pdi, (pre delivery inspection) by the dealer. These are expensive vehicles, and knowing how lackadaisical VW are, I think the dealers ought to go over the vehicles with a fine tooth comb.
We're waiting to pick up our new T6.1, and I must admit, the handover is something which I approach with trepidation, which it shouldn't be.

Headrest. Poor pdi, (pre delivery inspection) by the dealer. These are expensive vehicles, and knowing how lackadaisical VW are, I think the dealers ought to go over the vehicles with a fine tooth comb.
We're waiting to pick up our new T6.1, and I must admit, the handover is something which I approach with trepidation, which it shouldn't be.
I know. The majority of the handover was done via a recorded video prior to pick-up due to social distancing etc. It's just not good enough.

Magnet fishing.

I’ve been magnet fishing today after the bench seat in my 4 day old ocean would only travel about 30 cm in either direction.

I found a m12 bolt directly under the bench runners.

just need to get the sagging roof (when lowering) sorted now.

E6BC09AD-1364-4A74-9E38-236D44CEF167.jpeg

Not what you want to read when picking up a new Calfornia next month… Hope it all gets fixed / sorted ASAP

The only niggle I’ve found on mine so far (touches wood) is the driver’s door closes with a gentle push. but the passenger door needs a bit of a slam. Oh and the gas sticker on the tailgate is on upside down! Might be peeling that off….

The only niggle I’ve found on mine so far (touches wood) is the driver’s door closes with a gentle push. but the passenger door needs a bit of a slam. Oh and the gas sticker on the tailgate is on upside down! Might be peeling that off….
Your lucky you got a gas sticker, mine never had one.

Usb sockets in kitchen and 12v socket in roof stopped working after month took it back to dealer (blown fuse).
Now the plastic strip with the two usb c ports in the front seems to have sunk.tempImageR2ZGF4.png

Usb sockets in kitchen and 12v socket in roof stopped working after month took it back to dealer (blown fuse).
Now the plastic strip with the two usb c ports in the front seems to have sunk.View attachment 93579:confused:
Someone got unnecessarily heavy handed with that at the dealership?? If only they had checked the fuse before getting to grips with that needlessly :(

Back