Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Ocean sensors off in Camping mode

Xylem

Xylem

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi,

what is the correct sequence (doors, button on B pillar) to turn off the sensors when locking the van with the key ?
I can't get them off on every occasion as it seems specific sequence is needed.
And they can't be disabled in any way when the van is in Camping mode, which is odd...

Any ideas, can that be achieved by some specific pressings on a key ?

regards

Have you got a button on the b-pillar? I thought they'd deleted it?
If you have the button, you need to have all the doors closed except the driver's door, press the b-pillar button, close door and lock with button on fob...

It is still there on 2020 builts, but not any more from 2021 on, where they put it on the dashboard.
I use the same sequence, but the sensors are not switched off if the van is in Camping mode. Which is the mode where the roof is usually up and sensors should be off by default...
What does color coding on a button LED mean (red,orange,off)?

Red is normal. Lit up orange when you press it is sensors off. The orange light then goes out when you lock it but the sensors are off. It will light up again when you open the drivers door. You need to be inside the bus to see what's happening .its a bit like opening the fridge door to check the lights gone off

It is still there on 2020 builts, but not any more from 2021 on, where they put it on the dashboard.
I use the same sequence, but the sensors are not switched off if the van is in Camping mode. Which is the mode where the roof is usually up and sensors should be off by default...
What does color coding on a button LED mean (red,orange,off)?
My Cali started build Dec 2020 finished in Feb 2021 and I can't find this camping mode button on the b pillar, do you know what it looks like on the dashboard ? Thanks

Don’t you just press the key fob twice....?

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
My Cali started build Dec 2020 finished in Feb 2021 and I can't find this camping mode button on the b pillar, do you know what it looks like on the dashboard ? Thanks
Camping mode is activated in the control panel above, the button that has moved from b pillar is 'sensors off' button...

Camping mode is activated in the control panel above, the button that has moved from b pillar is 'sensors off' button...
Sorry i mean the button to disable the sensors when sleeping in the van

Actually both.
So when sleeping in the van then, the simplest way to lock it is to press the fob twice?
Then to exit you can use the door handle (which unlocks only that door?) and when you return you need to press the fob twice again to lock all doors and keep alarm and deadlock off?

So when sleeping in the van then, the simplest way to lock it is to press the fob twice?
Then to exit you can use the door handle (which unlocks only that door?) and when you return you need to press the fob twice again to lock all doors and keep alarm and deadlock off?
we never use the fob, only the lock button on the drivers door. Too easy to set off the alarm and wake the whole campsite if you set the alarm, it’s not nesessary.

we never use the fob, only the lock button on the drivers door. Too easy to set off the alarm and wake the whole campsite if you set the alarm, it’s not nesessary.
On the drivers door, not the B-pillar? I understand MY21 don’t have the b-pillar button, so you’re into the infotainment screen?

No, if you simply lock all the doors with the lock button by the mirror control you dont need to worry about the alarm.
And when camping in a secured camp when you leave the van with roof up ? Some wind can trigger the alarm...

And when camping in a secured camp when you leave the van with roof up ? Some wind can trigger the alarm...
You can only use the button by the mirror controls when inside the van. So Not when leaving the van.

when leaving the van in this condition, a double press of the fob will disable the sensors.
It works on T6.1 MY2020, thanks. Does that make the 'sensors off' button on b-pillar obsolete or does it have some addtional function?

The double press also turns off the deadlocking. Using the control panel/b pillar leaves the van deadlocked but sensors off.

See post below, need to check whether the deadlocking does/ doesn't occur with the pillar button.

Last edited: