Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Ocean Thermal Top and Windscreen Cover

NorCal

NorCal

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
We’re looking to purchase a thermal top and windscreen cover; as ever there’s an overload of available information, reviews, types, prices, options, internal, external…

Would someone care to narrow down the choice and point us at a good value (not the cheapest), easy to install and effective thermal top and windscreen cover?!

As we have a 6.1 and the likelihood of a leaky top (but to be fair, we used it in heavy rain last weekend with no water ingress…) an external cover is the preferred option.

TIA

Mark

You have two UK options really for external. The club shop one, or Rainbow Screens. The former you can get quickly and those that buy are very happy with them, the latter take longer as they are made to order, but also good quality.

I got the latter but would have been happy with the former. They both about the same price, club a bit cheaper from memory. Edit, only with the 5% off

The internal ones would not support your need to stop leaking until the fix comes out.

Club, if you join you get 5% off:

Rainbow

Last edited:
We’re looking to purchase a thermal top and windscreen cover; as ever there’s an overload of available information, reviews, types, prices, options, internal, external…

Would someone care to narrow down the choice and point us at a good value (not the cheapest), easy to install and effective thermal top and windscreen cover?!

As we have a 6.1 and the likelihood of a leaky top (but to be fair, we used it in heavy rain last weekend with no water ingress…) an external cover is the preferred option.

TIA

Mark

We have a pucer screen and it’s great - warmer, totally waterproof and cuts down on noise a bit too. Very easy to put on and take off. I think Campervan journey did a YouTube video on it recently. Highly recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIA

Mark
The Brandrup screen cover, silly price but works well. I use it with the “standard“ VW magnetic door curtains. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/brandrup-isolite-outdoor-plus-for-vw-t5-t6

Last edited:
Back