Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 table strap fixing point...

O

oliver100

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Wonder is anyone else with a t6.1 can confirm the location of the fixing strap connector on their interior table. Mine appear to be on the wrong side of the leg in comparison to the manual hence the strap isn’t long enough!
1B5BBB00-D960-4F57-A848-146B0814C375.jpeg

I also have a whole host of software gremlins but I think that’s currently a feature on the 6.1:talktothehand

Wonder is anyone else with a t6.1 can confirm the location of the fixing strap connector on their interior table. Mine appear to be on the wrong side of the leg in comparison to the manual hence the strap isn’t long enough!
View attachment 63461

I also have a whole host of software gremlins but I think that’s currently a feature on the 6.1:talktothehand
That's the correct side according to the parts catalogue. The black connector also serves to lock the bottom of the table against the kitchen cupboard/wardrobe base when stowed.
If that is the strap end just shown on the picture then it should be on the other headrests so that 1 person can sit on the bench seat.

Thanks for checking I was just going off this (which shows it rivited to the other of the leg) and the fact that the strap wasn’t long enough to reach from the headrest even when fully extended.

EEE2A52B-5FE9-491D-AF28-F939CE99A77C.jpeg
I actually used the grab handle as a temp rotary measure this morning but would rather have it rigged up as intended, especially as it’s brand new!
1AE300DE-75C4-42EA-8403-539D27F2A4E3.jpeg

It’s also worth noting it doesn’t reach either headrest, unless I’m being incredibly stupid which is possible!

This is my T6
Moving it to the other side must be one of the “many improvements” on the 6.1 ;)DFB25369-5A45-427F-8BDB-C772B2CB1171.jpeg

If it is wrong on mine it’s a bizarre thing to mess up at the factory as it’s riveted in place. The only other thing I can think is they have moved it for some reason and should have sent a longer strap but I got the t6 part ‍♂️

You’ve tried looping it over the headrest first before connecting to table?

Yup it’s even too short to connect with the table at an upwards angle, if the connector was were yours is it would be fine though!

If it’s on the wrong side, then surely the table doesn’t lock into place properly when stored away?
I’ll check mine later and report back.

It clicks in fine... spoke to the dealer this morning and its in the same place on all their 6.1's so must be a different procedure to the manual for the strap. They have escalated to VW

It's the same on my T6.1. VW has given the same strap as for the T6, but the connector is moved from the left (on T6) to the right (on T6.1) of the table, so it would need a longer strap. The dealer says VW is looking for a solution. In the meantime he has suggested me to attach the strap only around the right side slider of the headrest, which gives jus enough leeway to put the table horizontally. I attach a photo.IMG_0722.jpeg

Yup same on my 6.1. Ps the black knobby thing isn’t involved in the storage lock (the extended hinge pin does that). I think it’s a quirk and actually I find it almost amusing. At the end of the day VW will (hopefully) issue a lengthened strap to all “concerned owners” which will sort it out. Not a big deal imho.

It's the same on my T6.1. VW has given the same strap as for the T6, but the connector is moved from the left (on T6) to the right (on T6.1) of the table, so it would need a longer strap. The dealer says VW is looking for a solution. In the meantime he has suggested me to attach the strap only around the right side slider of the headrest, which gives jus enough leeway to put the table horizontally. I attach a photo.View attachment 65577
Was this provided free of charge with the Cali ?
My dealer told me it wasn’t included in the base vehicle.
I emailed VW customer service and theycalled me to explain the strap is not automatically sold with the vehicle. Same as the mosquito nets don’t come with a 6.1 :confused:
Was she telling me pork pies ?

Yes, the strap was included in my Coast (delivered February 2020). The left mosquito net was also included with the included left sliding window. I had to pay extra for the right sliding window plus mosquito net. But both mosquito nets are still not delivered up to now.

It was included in my Ocean MY20, in the same plastic bag than an emergency kit for the roof and a cup holder for the table rail.

I reported this problem together with others to my dealer and they have fixed everything except the problem with the maneuver braking function I described in this post https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...-maneuver-braking-function-not-working.38208/. They are talking with Germany to find a solution.

For the rest of the problems, They gave me this new strap, a new child safety net, updated the software of the control unit where the SIM card is and replaced the camper control unit (not the screen). Everything free of charge.

Back