Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Top Dash 12v Socket

Does anyone know if the socket on top of the dash just below the windscreen is ignition switched?

Thanks,
On previous models it has been powered by the Leisure Batteries in the majority of cases. The only way to really confirm is to measure the Voltage.

Plug something in, turn off the ignition, remove the key and lock the van..... does the thing still have power? (there is your definitive answer)
Don't have the Van yet, was just planning on a dash cam I thought that socket would be perfect if it was ignition switched. But I guess not :(

Don't have the Van yet, was just planning on a dash cam I thought that socket would be perfect if it was ignition switched. But I guess not :(
Easy enough to piggy back a fuse from under the dash.

Does anyone know if the socket on top of the dash just below the windscreen is ignition switched?

Thanks,
We were told anything in the front was from the main battery anything behind the front seats was leisure battery. This was in relation to a T6.1

I use the front 12v socket for 24 hour recording using a mirror dashcam, it is perm live and draws from the leisure from what i can tell.

Hmm. Our newly delivered Ocean has a rubber bung on top of the dash just below the windscreen. Am I missing something here? Semiconductor shortage ? /s

Hmm. Our newly delivered Ocean has a rubber bung on top of the dash just below the windscreen. Am I missing something here? Semiconductor shortage ? /s
Same here. Got my Ocean in July last year and spotted the rubber bung when I got it home from the dealer. When I queried it, the dealer just fobbed me off and said I probably didn't select that option - er, it's supposed to be standard. Of the various issues production/quality issues I had to sort out it was low down the list and certainly didn't want the dealer taking the dash apart to retro-fit one. All I would have used it for was a dashcam and I've gone down the Garmin OBD poer connector route for that (which works very well) so I'm not too bothered about not having the 12v socket. What is annoying is VW's attitude to quality control.

Same here. Got my Ocean in July last year and spotted the rubber bung when I got it home from the dealer. When I queried it, the dealer just fobbed me off and said I probably didn't select that option - er, it's supposed to be standard. Of the various issues production/quality issues I had to sort out it was low down the list and certainly didn't want the dealer taking the dash apart to retro-fit one. All I would have used it for was a dashcam and I've gone down the Garmin OBD poer connector route for that (which works very well) so I'm not too bothered about not having the 12v socket. What is annoying is VW's attitude to quality control.
Yes. I got mine in October last year and it has the 12v socket on top of the dash. It only had one black b-pillar though, which thankfully I spotted on the dealers own video to me before I picked it up! He had it sorted by the time I got there.

I’m sure the Ocean I test drove last year had a bung rather than socket fitted, but think the spec sheet says this is standard.

I’m sure the Ocean I test drove last year had a bung rather than socket fitted, but think the spec sheet says this is standard.
That's bizzare. It's present on our Coast (new in July 21)

I got mine (ocean) 3 weeks ago and is also missing top dash socket. I called the dealer today and they claim it should be there. They are checking with the factory now.

Does it not kill your battery after a day?
That's one of the reasons I've used the Garmin OBD power supply as you can flick the switch to set how long you want the dashcam to be powered after the ignition goes off - 10 mins, 24 hours or constant - and if I want to avoid any possibility of the battery being drained, just pull out the OBD power supply.

Constant live from main battery. I have a dashcam installed there with parking sensors. I have left it running for over a week with no battery issues.

It should be there, it's standard across the Transporter range.