Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 torch

DoctorBob

DoctorBob

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi all
About to order a t6.1 4motion and going through the specs - anyone know anything about the rechargeable torch option? It says it removes a socket .....

And should also say this is our first camper van - looking forward to joining the fraternity!

Hi all
About to order a t6.1 4motion and going through the specs - anyone know anything about the rechargeable torch option? It says it removes a socket .....

And should also say this is our first camper van - looking forward to joining the fraternity!
If it’s the same as the T6 forget it £70 for a piddling little thing, rip off plugs into the cigarette lighter. .

There are 2 torch options, one in lieu of the cigarette lighter and the other in the base of the drivers seat in the lounge area. I have both fitted, but would save the money and leave a maglite torch in the glove box.

I have it it’s a nice touch I think
But only works as a toilet break light in the middle of the night

3578C5DB-AF62-4197-9351-9EE6AE60EEA0.jpeg

5F133CCD-EA31-412C-A56B-F876DCF6D335.jpeg

D1027B5E-AE05-426F-ADBF-516E93119236.jpeg

That’s the torch it removes

Its magnetic too. Sticks to the Cali or under the bonnet. Illuminates the floor a little. Its handy for rumaging. But not essential.

That’s the extended lighting pack which is also a torch
The new spec sheet has a rechargeable torch plus removal of front socket listed as an option ... do they mean the socket in the rash top I wonder?

That’s the extended lighting pack which is also a torch
Nope that’s the torch I specced it so I definitely know it’s the torch
The other extra lights in the seat base are part of the comfort lighting

The new spec sheet has a rechargeable torch plus removal of front socket listed as an option ... do they mean the socket in the rash top I wonder?
Yep for some reason it removed the top dash 12v outlet not the bottom dash one the one tyat sits under the wipers
Mines a 6.1

Yep for some reason it removed the top dash 12v outlet not the bottom dash one the one tyat sits under the wipers
Mines a 6.1
Ahh - great thanks for clearing that up! Any good? Do you have any pictures of it in situ you could share?

I posted some in the above posts for you
Right - thanks jay20cali; I am confused however - the torch is mounted in the seat base, but this option also removes the socket on top of the dash as part of the options choice? Sorry if I’m being a spanner..

Right - thanks jay20cali; I am confused however - the torch is mounted in the seat base, but this option also removes the socket on top of the dash as part of the options choice? Sorry if I’m being a spanner..
Yes it does remove the 12v socket on the top dash don’t ask me why even the dealer didn’t know why
I too questioned it

I‘be never used mine in two years and I forget it’s there. It’s not very bright at all.

As already suggested, a maglite would be better.

Each to their own but I quite like mine - it’s always charged useful for a trip to the toilets or washing up block after dark and it’s one less thing to pack- that said it is pricey but hey ho :thumb

Yep me too I like mine
It’s also a nice night light without the full whiteout leds being switched on
I really like it it’s a nice little extra.

Hi, just noticed the flooring. We are in the process of putting a specification together. Looks really nice, just wondering what’s it like to live with?
Brilliant
Very Easy to live with
Sweeps Easyer than standard flooring
Looks lovely and doesn’t mark like the standard flooring
Definitely an option that’s worth ticking in my opinion,also the little torch is great some people say it’s not worth the £70 but I think it is ,

Brilliant
Very Easy to live with
Sweeps Easyer than standard flooring
Looks lovely and doesn’t mark like the standard flooring
Definitely an option that’s worth ticking in my opinion,also the little torch is great some people say it’s not worth the £70 but I think it is ,
Thank you (box ticked)

I was in the Cali today and found this little rechargeable torch that fits in the cigar lighter socket, and have to say with its domed lens it's delightful and I never knew i had it LOL.....Loving the 6.1

Back