Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 upper mattress alternative?

HappyGus

HappyGus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

I've a T6.1 and I sleep on the side on the upper bed. With the original mattress, I get the shoulder sore after 3h and then I switch side every hour.

I've tried the "Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe Self Inflating Camper Van" and I've no shoulder pain but I don't like the fabric in warm nights. What I've done up to now is sliding it below the original mattress and then everything is fine.

The issue is that I cannot let it there with the roof down and it then takes a lot of space. I'm planning a one month travel and it would be a great thing of we can avoid having an extra mattress to store. Do you have any alternative to advise? Or storage tips?

The original mattress is fine for me.
However I use two pillows, where at home I only need one. Sounds like you’re a side sleeper, the same as me.
I now have the Zonesleeper replacement mattress. I’m not sure it’s anymore comfortable, other than I find it’s less sweaty/hot than the original mattress.

Have you woke up yet, with a Giant Foam hand…?
That happens to me now and again

I already have a pillow that is quite more tall than the one I get at home. The arm is alright, it's just the shoulder. I must admit it is a bit better now that I've lost some weight, but still ;)

Back