Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Beach Drivers Door Adjustment

Neilos

Neilos

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, we have a nearly new T6 Beach we’ve just taken delivery of. This is a slightly random question, but does anyone know if it’s possible to adjust the friction of the stops /notches on the hinge to hold the door open on a hill? Our drive slopes and we have small children and I worry about the sliding door trapping fingers. So normally park nose uphill. Passenger door holds itself open, drivers door won’t. This makes it hard getting in and out without the door whacking you. Thanks all! Did search to see if this has been discussed before, apologies if it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, we have a nearly new T6 Beach we’ve just taken delivery of. This is a slightly random question, but does anyone know if it’s possible to adjust the friction of the stops /notches on the hinge to hold the door open on a hill? Our drive slopes and we have small children and I worry about the sliding door trapping fingers. So normally park nose uphill. Passenger door holds itself open, drivers door won’t. This makes it hard getting in and out without the door whacking you. Thanks all! Did search to see if this has been discussed before, apologies if it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. These are heavy doors and if you take a careful look you will see that in fact the Drivers door is larger than the Passenger door because of the Fuel/Adblue fillers and Fuel Flap. I don’t think there is any adjustment possible but you could make sure there is no grease on the mechanism. The other alternative is to replace the mechanism just on the off chance it may be stronger than the one fitted.