Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Beach seat covers

Debbie Rogers

Debbie Rogers

WhitePearl
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Morning T6 experts! Has anyone tried fitting 'seatcovers.de' new skin seat covers in their Beach? We bought a set to cover all our 7 seats. Had no problems with the bench and passenger seats, but major problems fitting the front captains chairs. The company claim we haven't fitted them properly, but we have done our upmost to fit them, and I have taken some measurements...all of which tell me the covers are way too small!! :mad: So fed up!

Are you having problems getting the seat back cover connected along the bottom?

When fitting my very similar covers I remember it took every bit of strength I had to get it to join.

Yes. That is one issue. But also the general fit round the chair isn't good. The material that covers where your back leans against, sits proud of the original chair by about 2"/3". That section is also about 1 1/2" narrower than the original seat! It's not like we haven't stretched it to within an inch of its life either!!

Sounds like a different problem to me. Once I'd broken all my fingers and got them secured it fitted great. Perhaps it's time to take loads of pictures and chuck it back asking how is it wrongly fitted. If they are unhelpful and you can I'd send the whole lot back. Did you pay on credit card? Can always chase them for a refund if supplier of unfit goods doesn't. Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

PS... If they have a Facebook page try posting on there with pictures, fairness and facts. I've found this a great way to get results.

@Skewif .We have been in email ping pong with them. Have to say that the responses are not very 'customer' friendly! Sadly it looks like we will be sending the whole lot back. It's a shame, as the quality of the covers is very good.

For what it’s worth I have seatskinz covers which are very good quality and work with the airbag though more expensive than yours. Good luck in finding new covers.

Cheers...I guess we all find out eventually, that sometimes cheap is cheerful. Other times, pay peanuts, get monkeys!

It's the aftersales that is most important to me if there is a problem. Very tempted myself to buy products outside the UK but it's only when you have a problem you find out how good they are. Il stick to buying in the uk

It's the aftersales that is most important to me if there is a problem. Very tempted myself to buy products outside the UK but it's only when you have a problem you find out how good they are. Il stick to buying in the uk
I agree with you. UK made always trumps. It's a bit of a shame though when things start off being UK made, then somehow end up being made in China!! Like Inka!!

Thankfully refund processed yesterday, so now back to finding the right covers that fit. Except that me and the significant other are arguing about waterproof or 'newskin' covers :headbang

Anyone got the Pillon Moonrock seat covers from Brandrup. Are they also difficult to fit. I have them on order.

Anyone got the Pillon Moonrock seat covers from Brandrup. Are they also difficult to fit. I have them on order.
Let us know how you get on with them. Fingers crossed

Im a bit concerned now. Have others also had this problem. They cost a fortune.
Sorry. That wasn't meant to worry you! Just a friendly 'hope it all works well' kinda thing. It's a brand widely used, so I doubt there are going to be any issues.

Like Debbie says they are one of brandrups best selling products

I hear you, it’s a bit scary sometimes but I’ve been amazed at the customer service I’ve received in the past buying (and returning) kit from outside the UK - especially Germany, oddly enough, which is sadly no help to the OP. Whilst we’re still a member, there are EU consumer laws in place to protect us so they’re hopefully returnable. S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Skewif .We have been in email ping pong with them. Have to say that the responses are not very 'customer' friendly! Sadly it looks like we will be sending the whole lot back. It's a shame, as the quality of the covers is very good.

@Skewif is bang on - email is one thing but posting on sellers social media sites gets you results pretty fast in my experience (obvs best to keep it factual and unemotional)

@Skewif is bang on - email is one thing but posting on sellers social media sites gets you results pretty fast in my experience (obvs best to keep it factual and unemotional)

Edit: sorry everyone, I see it’s resolved and I’m still rattling on... must master Tapatalk ...