Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 bike rack for over 120cm wheelbase?

D

DDCook

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Anyone got any suggestions of a bike rack to fit the back of a T6 California that will fit 4 bikes and cope with 120cm+ wheelbase, and ideally allow the boot to open while they are on.
Most seem to be limited by the wheelbase, currently only option I can find is the Atera Strada Evo, which sods law is also the most expensive option. Strada DL is max 120cm wheelbase, as is the Atera Linea, while Thule options look like that won't allow boot opening.

Hi, for reference I am using an Atera Strada DL for 4 bikes with a 29er mountain bike in XL size which has a 117cm wheelbase - on the rack I have to bring the wheel clamps in slightly as at full width they are too far apart to fit the wheels. I would have thought that the rack could cope with at least 125cm wheelbase without any problem, and possibly more.

Hi, I have a Thule Euroclasic 928 (I think) with the additional 4th bike attachment for 4 mtb as well and can lower the rack and access the rear no issues.

My standard bike load is 2 x 27.5 with 1220mm wheel base and 2x27.5 with shorter. The two longer bikes are boost geo, spacing between channels becomes a challenge when carrying more than two though.

Interesting, thanks. I'd thought from previous discussions the Thule did not tilt enough but seems I may have been wrong.

Back