Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 bike rack hook bent/damaged, part available?

Jillops

Jillops

Chris
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all!

Unfortunately I noticed today that someone has tried to steal my bike rack, they have failed, but they have damaged one of the hooks that loops over the top of the boot. This was in my garage parking space, fortunately it wasn't attached to my Cali, it was in 'winter storage'. I am keen to fix ASAP and attach the rack to my vehicle where it is more secure. I had the bike rack locked to one of my summer wheels I was storing in the garage. I can only assume they have tried to steal the bike rack, failed, then damaged it out of frustration. So annoyed. I am reluctant to bend the hook straight again back into place, in case it snaps or at least I imagine it will have lost strength.

I have also attached some photos, does anyone know if it's possible to get this as a replacement part? It looks like it can be removed, I am going back to the garage shortly and I will attempt this. I am based in Switzerland, have also emailed Amag dealership group with photos, will update this post if I hear back.

Many thanks!
Chris

How it should look...

This recent post suggests you can get spares but that’s for the Kylie rack and yours is the quasi. Worth a go though.

This recent post suggests you can get spares but that’s for the Kylie rack and yours is the quasi. Worth a go though.

Thanks! I had seen that post but didn't make the connection. At least I know now it's the quasi! Whatever that means :D but I am sure it will help in future.

So good news! My friendly local VW dealer in Zurich (Amag Dubendorf) got back to me yesterday, there is a repair kit for this part 56 CHF (£42) bit of a pain but still I'd rather have it repaired properly. I did try bending it back into shape but couldn't quite get it right, and I am sure it would have lost strength. Apparently 2-3 weeks for delivery so I assume they are ordering for me from Germany. Happy days!

Anyway I made room for the bike rack in my cellar for now for safe storage, all that's left in my garage parking space are my winter steels & tyres, and going to give notice and use another garage. Well it is 9 mins away from our apartment and hoping to find something closer!