Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Bike rack

Z

zoki

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
we need a bike rack for our T6 but the only one VW has that will fit the T6 is the hideous new style one that has been mentioned on here before. Does anyone know if the T5 rack will fit a T6? I am now wishing I specced a towbar :headbang

we need a bike rack for our T6 but the only one VW has that will fit the T6 is the hideous new style one that has been mentioned on here before. Does anyone know if the T5 rack will fit a T6? I am now wishing I specced a towbar :headbang
Everything I've seen on line indicates that the T5 bike rack will not fit because the tailgate design has been changed. 2 dealers have also confirmed this to me.

I've specced a tow bar for that reason. But it shouldn't be a major problem for you to get a dealer fit if it is too late to change your order.

Banwy have just listed the t6 bike rack on there website at a good price

Was in the same boat as yourself , had previously ordered a VW t6 bike rack , but actually seeing one on a new t6 was greatly disappointed ! So straight on to the dealer and changed our order to a removable tow bar , to enable an alternative option . But don't think it's too hard a job at the dealer to fit a tow bar .

I deliberated for ages and the went for a tow bar option. Benefits are better visibility out the rear, you are still below 2m and depending on what rack you go for you can still open the boot when transporting bikes. Negative is longer vehicle which can be tricky in car parks.

I used my new Atera DL3 at the weekend and I've been really pleased with it. Stores on the garage wall when not in use. I opted for t
He extension to get three bikes on it. I can also use it on different vehicles.

A friend has a T5 with a boot rack and she really struggles to open the boot even without bikes on it.

It's on sale at Roofbox so it's cheaper than a boot mount http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php?AR2603

Can you open the boot with the DL3 rack on the back? How does it fix to garage wall?

Hello....

Just to let you know you can get the old style Bike rack for a T6. I had one turn up this morning and its exactly the same except the mounting brackets are different for the T6. I have attached some images below so you can see.

T6 bike.jpg

T6 bike1.jpg

Hello....

Just to let you know you can get the old style Bike rack for a T6. I had one turn up this morning and its exactly the same except the mounting brackets are different for the T6. I have attached some images below so you can see.

View attachment 13939

View attachment 13940
Congratulations Steve on being the first person to welcome Kylie (7EO 071 104A) to our shores now that her entry papers have finally been approved by VW.

Further to our conversation it's reassuring that you have inspected her and deemed her fit, no sorry I'll rephrase that, she will fit a T6, and that people can order with the above part number with confidence.

It's strange that VW didn't pick up that not everyone was enamoured with the Quasimodo option. It will be interesting to see what the take up is now that both options are available.

I got mine a t5 style t6 rack from vw Preston
Rob in parts is a very helpful guy super clued up