Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Cali beach steering wheel

C

Confused

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi new to forum, got my order in for a T6 beach and am double checking my options prior to build date
( wk18), I am confused with a few options regarding steering wheel and basic spec, ie if I don't add leather steering wheel and multifunction what do I get?
Surely I don't get a blank wheel without even volume control for the radio?
Is it still leather as this also seems to be an option?
Also As cruise control is said to be standard in the Dec 2015 brochure and yet in the Nov 15 price list it is an extra at a cost where would the controls for this be situated?
I asked at the dealership and they seem to believe I will get a blank leather steering wheel as standard but I find this a bit unlikely as I haven't been in a vehicle for the past 10years that hasn't had volume control on the wheel for driver convenience and safety.
Even base level work vans have this so surely my beach would? Any one got a blank wheel?

Yes, you do just get a blank wheel without even volume controls.

And despite what the brochure says, cruise control is not standard!

Cheers Stuart, I still find this disgusting that we spend so much on a vehicle and something which is so basic isn't even standard rant rant rant, I am hearing that the upgraded dash I've comfort dash or deluxe dash is now an option on the beach ,has anyone had success in adding this? And surely this comes with some form of functions on the steering wheel? Surely VW can't be that tight....can they?

I'm pretty sure the comfort dash doesn't include the MFSW! Yes they can be that tight :) Such is the demand for their vehicles!

I still can't wait for mine to arrive though :)

I was told by dealer that this is standard and the price list stating cruise control for 204 squids refers to the controls being added to the wheel?
It's no wonder people are confused as the Sep and Nov price list state either cruise control and multi function wheel or just cruise control??.. I am going to nag my dealer till I am satisfied with his answer

I was told by dealer that this is standard and the price list stating cruise control for 204 squids refers to the controls being added to the wheel?
It's no wonder people are confused as the Sep and Nov price list state either cruise control and multi function wheel or just cruise control??.. I am going to nag my dealer till I am satisfied with his answer
Hi confused and welcome to the forum! This is a pic of the standard wheel and dash from a van which was at Birmingham van centre iirc
1239738baa277d346e10c7632d1e8ba9.jpg

ea9103cc6e5d6ef47c972e2a5a77439d.jpg

I think the 200 odd quid cruise option is on a stalk and if you add mfsw for another 300 odd quid it then is on the steering wheel along with all the radios and mfd controls.
The comfort dash ( the same one that is in the ocean ) has been added successfully by a few I believe and I think there was a thread started about it.
Edit: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/anybody-received-a-beach-with-the-comfort-dash-yet.12767/
Hope your I haven't confused you even more!

Last edited:
Cruise is a standard part of Bluemotion apparently, or at least I was told. I have no MFSW but I have Cruise.

Hi confused and welcome to the forum! This is a pic of the standard wheel and dash from a van which was at Birmingham van centre iirc
1239738baa277d346e10c7632d1e8ba9.jpg

ea9103cc6e5d6ef47c972e2a5a77439d.jpg

I think the 200 odd quid cruise option is on a stalk and if you add mfsw for another 300 odd quid it then is on the steering wheel along with all the radios and mfd controls.
The comfort dash ( the same one that is in the ocean ) has been added successfully by a few I believe and I think there was a thread started about it.
Edit: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/anybody-received-a-beach-with-the-comfort-dash-yet.12767/
Hope your I haven't confused you even more!
Thank you yorkdubshire, Very helpful to see the photos as I couldn't find one at my dealer without any controls on the steering wheel. I will be adding the comfort dash option for sure I think?.. Will be contacting my dealer for a price and details, I hope this won't be pushing my build date but can't be helped.
Might also add the multifunction steering wheel as think this is expected on a modern vehicle and just thinking residuals.

Cruise is a standard part of Bluemotion apparently, or at least I was told. I have no MFSW but I have Cruise.
I was hoping this was the case and certainly the brochure leads you to think cc is standard and acc is an option, but will be happy once my dealer puts this in writing

Remember you're buying a converted van!
Yes true however I have driven many base level hire vans in my time and have always had a form of multifunction control on the steering wheel certainly in the last 5 years

On my Beach order I opted for cruise control as an extra and it comes with a MFSW. So I'm assuming the controls are on the wheel not a stalk and that's it's not standard. Still have time to change it if the stalk controlled cruise function is standard.

I really can't believe how this price/specs list has got so many people where they don't know whether they are coming or going. It really is one of the poorest documents I have ever come across and doesn't seem to be corrected with revised editions.
I was hoping this was the case and certainly the brochure leads you to think cc is standard and acc is an option, but will be happy once my dealer puts this in writing
Completely agree with getting everything confirmed and double confirmed in writing by your dealers before/when you place your orders. Genuinely good luck gents with this mine field!

On my Beach order I opted for cruise control as an extra and it comes with a MFSW. So I'm assuming the controls are on the wheel not a stalk and that's it's not standard. Still have time to change it if the stalk controlled cruise function is standard.
Hi Mr Q,
Did you pay the £204 for the cruise control with mfsw option as in the sept2015 price list ? I hate to worry or confuse you but in the Nov 2015 price list the mfsw has been deleted off the option and it just states cruise control with no further info.
And the Dec 2015 brochure lists cruise control as one of the beach standard fit?

I really can't believe how this price/specs list has got so many people where they don't know whether they are coming or going. It really is one of the poorest documents I have ever come across and doesn't seem to be corrected with revised editions.

Completely agree with getting everything confirmed and double confirmed in writing by your dealers before/when you place your orders. Genuinely good luck gents with this mine field!
I know its a shambles of a price list and must have been written or translated by a 3rd party with no understanding of the material.
I must say when I ordered the vehicle I expected to receive a printed spec and to have to sign off to agree that I fully understood what I would receive. Surely there must be people who have gone to collect a Cali and refused it due to it not being as they were lead to beleive

Hi and welcome Confused on your first post(s) ,

I got the German and the Belgian brochure , in paper book original VW not printed out or so...., and both states that multifunctional leather steeringwheel is option on every three of the Cali's .
As well the Beach , Coast and Ocean .
Do mind that VW has maneged to show on every picture off every dashboards shown in those brochures , a MF steeringwheel is shown.....so i think VW dealers and potential buyers getting to see this are thinking MFSW is a srandaard thing.

You need to go to a dealer with knowleadge even if it takes you to drive the whole UK otherwise you end up with sleepless nights until delivery....

....also cruise control is option on any of the three Cali models ....

Cheers Stuart, I still find this disgusting that we spend so much on a vehicle and something which is so basic isn't even standard rant rant rant, I am hearing that the upgraded dash I've comfort dash or deluxe dash is now an option on the beach ,has anyone had success in adding this? And surely this comes with some form of functions on the steering wheel? Surely VW can't be that tight....can they?
I have the standard wheel on my Beach - its v attractive with leather and shiny black inserts - but no additional functions. i was duped as the brochure i was using said CC was standard but its not - im not bothered as had it on 5 prev vehicles and hardly used it

My understanding from discussions with Guy at Preston is that Cruise Control is NOT standard, the VW website version of the brochure has removed it from the standard list that was in the printed version I was handed.
If you opt for normal cruise control then you get a stalk, no mfsw. If you add a mfsw option then the cruise control moves to the steering wheel.
If you opt for adaptive cruise control then this includes a mfsw.
Hope that helps.

Hi Mr Q,
Did you pay the £204 for the cruise control with mfsw option as in the sept2015 price list ? I hate to worry or confuse you but in the Nov 2015 price list the mfsw has been deleted off the option and it just states cruise control with no further info.
And the Dec 2015 brochure lists cruise control as one of the beach standard fit?
I was using the September price list. I found a November 15 price list on line and it lists cruise control as a £204 option, no mention of steering wheel. I can't find a December price list. Can you post a link to it please?

I was using the September price list. I found a November 15 price list on line and it lists cruise control as a £204 option, no mention of steering wheel. I can't find a December price list. Can you post a link to it please?
The November price list is the latest version, which you could argue makes the December brochure more current and therefore the cc is listed as standard. However I am sure VW have subject to change clauses printed somewhere which basically leaves us all in the dark of what is and isn't standard.

I have the standard wheel on my Beach - its v attractive with leather and shiny black inserts - but no additional functions. i was duped as the brochure i was using said CC was standard but its not - im not bothered as had it on 5 prev vehicles and hardly used it
Hi Tim, to be honest I never use cruise control either on my car ( control freak) but kind of expected it to be standard on the beach and think a lot of people do use it and swear by it, just thinking residuals.

Could you tell me if your steering wheel is height and reach adjustable as standard? V important for me as I have long legs. It's just this is another difference between the Dec brochure and the Nov pricelist which offers a power steering wheel with height and reach adjustment at £420, really haven't budgeted for having to add another option that I thought was standard.

Hi Tim, to be honest I never use cruise control either on my car ( control freak) but kind of expected it to be standard on the beach and think a lot of people do use it and swear by it, just thinking residuals.

Could you tell me if your steering wheel is height and reach adjustable as standard? V important for me as I have long legs. It's just this is another difference between the Dec brochure and the Nov pricelist which offers a power steering wheel with height and reach adjustment at £420, really haven't budgeted for having to add another option that I thought was standard.
It's height an reach adjustable on the t5 beach if that's any help.

It's height an reach adjustable on the t5 beach if that's any help.
Cheers bigted still want to be sure it hasn't been taken off the T6 standard fit though.

Back