T6 Cali ocean bike rack

Tompoole

Tompoole

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi
Just about to buy bike rack for t6 Cali ocean ,
Which is best fit ? What do people recommend?
planning on genuine from club shop , any advice or info welcome
Cheers
People

Have you considered the thule wanderway

Tailgate wise Genuine T6 would be my choice. Not as pretty as the t5 rack but functionally better. You might get lucky and find a second hand unit for c.£400

I don’t have any experience of towball racks but a few people rate them over tailgate racks.

Cheers

We went for a tow bar rack. Seen to many tailgate racks that have damaged the painwork. PH Jones tow bar and Pro User Plus tilting rack that allows the tailgate to fully open. No cost saving over the VW rack.

The T6 has two official tailgate bikeracks.

1. 'Quasimodo' bike rack - the original T6 released bikerack with no outer frame, and features 4 simply bike rails, akin to building scaffolding (personally, I really like the style). Not for use on electric tailgates (dont worry, no California has an electric tailgate due to the strength of the piston struts. It has wider wheel bars.
2. 'Kylie' bike rack - a revised T6 version of the T5 Kylie rack, also known as 'Style 2', and operable for electric tailgates aswell. It has narrower wheel bars.

The Quasimodo is easy to steal - I wont share the details of how obviously. There are ways around it however. The Kylie is harder to steal, but still not foolproof.

The kylie also offers the ability to act as a 'drying rack' at campsite due to the frame shape :D

We went for the latter, as it fits the shape of the Transporter body better.

I’d also go for the first Kylie

The vw bike rack is made by thule dont be fooled into thinking the vw one is better

The vw bike rack is made by thule dont be fooled into thinking the vw one is better

Just because it's made by the same firm doesnt mean the quality will be the same as other products they manufacture. Suppliers will have different quality controls / standards in which they need their products to be met - VW's may be higher or lower than Thule's consumer products. Andlet's be honest - all bike racks for the boot with the exception of the VW ones look utterly terrible, regardless of if they're Thule or not.

I have seen them in the flesh I know the quality