Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California eberspacher fuel line.

Lukem

Lukem

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi, I'm in the process of fitting a genuine eberspacher heater from a California including all the genuine fuel lines and carrier. Would any one have a photo of where the genuine fuel line runs under the van? I'm struggling to see where it goes.
Many thanks.
Luke.

If you don't have a Webasto heater for engine coolant then you need the additional tube into the tank unit, this runs forwards to the metering pump then across the floor to the Eberspacher.
If you already have the coolant heater (under floor left side) then there should be a 'T' piece to provide the take-off for the Eberspacher metering pump.
If you haven't got pick-up pipe in the tank unit then the various Eberspacher suppliers will supply you with a kit to fit it in your existing tank unit. Bowers at Stoke on Trent are one who should be able to supply.
I've fitted a number of Eberspachers in T5s &T6s and am also in Shropshire so if I can help please feel free to PM me.

Sorry @Lukem I'm not a VIP member so find me via rod at 1946vw.co.uk
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have all the genuine pipes, clips and t piece for joining into the original fuel line. I do have a webasto heater fitted to the van but I'm not sure when the genuine eberspacher fuel line runs under the van. Any advice and assistance would be great though so thanks.

As far as I can see from the parts diagrams that are available of the internet there is a 'T' piece before the Webasto metering pump that provides an extra feed to the Eberspacher metering pump.
From the pump the pipe feeds above the van's exhaust pipe and its shield to the right side of the chassis where it then connects onto the fuel pipe sticking out of the base of the Eberspacher near the exhaust & combustion air inlet.
I suspect that you will have short lengths of rubber flexible hose to make the above connections and that the pump to heater pipe will be very small bore. Again by what I see in the parts illustrations there are a series of clips that hold this pipe up against the chassis cross member of floor.
As a point of interest, it is the firmness of the fixing of this pipe that transmits the pump 'ticking' into the vehicle so bet thoughtful how you fit it. Many owners of originally fitted Eberspachers complain of the pump noise but as I always fit them as 'after market' and don't fix this pipe firmly I find it almost silent.

PS you are lucky in that you don't need to drop the diesel tank and fit the take-off pipe as it's not an easy job without access to a garage lift and a helping hand.

Rod

Back