Simon f

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
hi
I got my new t6 California last week
And I’m delighted with it
We went camping with the kids on weekend and it was a bit cold in the van
I didn’t get the option of the heater
Does any One no if it can be fitted after?i want to use the controls that are fitted to van if possible
And a cost approx ??
Thanks

hi
I got my new t6 California last week
And I’m delighted with it
We went camping with the kids on weekend and it was a bit cold in the van
I didn’t get the option of the heater
Does any One no if it can be fitted after?i want to use the controls that are fitted to van if possible
And a cost approx ??
Thanks
Do you normally camp on sites with hook up? If so you could just get a small fan heater instead. Just a thought.

The Forum shop does a nice little electric heater called a Diddy Heater.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/diddy-heater-its-like-its-designed-for-the-cali.22509/ it's got a safety cut out so it turns off if it falls over. It's cheaper to run than a diesel heater as you are already paying for the EHU so you might as well make use of it. Ideally it needs a thermostat with it, but you'll find details on the thread.
I have one and find it very good. I got the thermostat that El Greco advised and it works well.

Thanks for that maybe I get one of these for now and see how we go

Even having a aux.heater in our SE we carry a small electric heather .
When on hook-up it's a nice thing , not for saving diesel but the exhaust from the aux.heather can give a smell depending on the wind . Having electriciti included might as well use it.
It's on as i type this....it's a rather expencive Ecomat 2000 that can be used 450-750-1000w depending on the site and a build in thermostat and safety-tripover switch on the bottom , intake filter can be removed to clean , metal housing .
There are threads on electric heaters on the forum with lots of info.