Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California in three different versions?

Sounds like the T6 will be amphibious then.....

No, it isn't a rumour, it's reality:
configurator-t6-california.jpg

Regards,

Wim (from Belgium)

http://wimkoelman.wordpress.com/vertalingen/english/]VW CAMPER SITE - The English Page[/url]

Found these pics of the Ocean, the top model judging by the prices given. Doesn't seem to be any of the Beach or Coast yet.

iris-2.png iris.png

Remember that the T5 was vastly more configurable in Europe, so what the Europeans have might not equate to what we get. If they go with the old modus-operandi then don't be surprised if we only get the beach and the ocean.

Looking at the pictures it does appear to be a T5, with a very light external upgrade, and on the inside the camping area is all T5.1, but the dash is all Golf Mk7.

Of course with the T5 we never got the fully sexy California dashboard - so I wait to see what turns up in the UK.

We do get some more Golf Mk7 gadgets (some of which might be handy, some might be annoying!)

T

Three different roofs ..

Electric, manual and rotting ....

After speaking to VW Head Office yesterday, they said a press release will be issued next week regarding the launch of the California in the UK. It sounded as if it would not be that detailed with regard to the specification and costs etc. They did say there would only be 2 models available in the UK – the Beach and the Ocean.

The issue of information in the near future might be hampered as the previous Head of Press and PR Commercial Vehicles has now moved to the car division and his replacement will not be in post until 6th July.

I can’t see how VW can call it the “all new T6” when it is clearly a T5.2. I do feel that VW have missed the boat somewhat as previously each new Transporter was a major improvement on its predecessor, plus bearing in mind what Ford have done to the Transit. On the plus side, a T5 with improvements can’t be bad - hopefully a new control panel which might even be a retro fit to the existing Cali.

It will also be good for owners of the current Cali who won’t instantly become owners of vehicles that are clearly an older looking model and hopefully their residuals – as someone has previously said. Cali owners will be able to spot the difference but I doubt if Joe Public will.

What is the difference between a COAST and the OCEAN ? (apart from a few waves)

What is the difference between a COAST and the OCEAN ? (apart from a few waves)
The coast is about 8k cheaper on the list price.
It has the ocean interior ( sink,fridge etc.) comes with a
non electric roof, electric roof is an extra cost amongst other things.

Coast doesn’t have a parking heater? Yes/no?

Coast doesn’t have a parking heater? Yes/no?
apparently it does in France and electric roof, seems like different specs and prices depending on your country.

Coast is a bog standard ocean in germany.
Leccy roof and heater are extras.

Coast comes with Standard dash, but the Comfort dash can be added as an option.

Parking Heater isn’t standard, on the Rep. of Ireland Coast.

Some other differences..... Guess it’s half-way between the Beach & Ocean, from a price-point and standard options spec.

Like the Beach, you can add most of the Ocean’s options to it.... This closes the money gap, as you add.... My Beach with lots of options, ended up more expensive than the cost of a base Coast.

The manual pop-top on the Coast, is appealing to some, over the Ocean’s powered pop-top.

I would be concerned about any savings made by buying an Eire Coast, would vanish over the years in additional insurance premiums (due to it being an import.)

Last edited:
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!

Back