Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California Ocean relay clicking...

Veedlescnapper

Veedlescnapper

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

I've recently had an aftermarket tow bar fitted (westfalia detachable) and since that day, (I think) my start stop has started making a clicking noise on stop and then again on start. It does it only once each time, so it sounds like it's a relay - does this sound normal? Does anyone else's Cali do this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I've recently had an aftermarket tow bar fitted (westfalia detachable) and since that day, (I think) my start stop has started making a clicking noise on stop and then again on start. It does it only once each time, so it sounds like it's a relay - does this sound normal? Does anyone else's Cali do this?

Thanks in advance!
Mine does.
Yours might be doing the same but unfortunately as I don't know which model you have I couldn't comment.

Mine does.
Yours might be doing the same but unfortunately as I don't know which model you have I couldn't comment.

Thanks for the reply and seemingly, the reassurance.

Mine is a 2016 150 manual gearbox model. I've only had it a few months (from new) and couldn't remember it making this noise prior to having the tow bar fitted. Thought it best to check with others on here to see if it was normal before I went back to the garage.

Thanks for the reply and seemingly, the reassurance.

Mine is a 2016 150 manual gearbox model. I've only had it a few months (from new) and couldn't remember it making this noise prior to having the tow bar fitted. Thought it best to check with others on here to see if it was normal before I went back to the garage.
Yes, normal. The Stop/Start relay is under the L hand front seat. At least it is on my T5.1 and probably the same on the T6.

Please update your information under your avatar. It makes giving answers so much easier.