How long did it take to get your T6 California from ordering

• Total voters
thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Curious as to the average order time at the moment

Our replacement Ocean only took 10 weeks from ordering in Sept to arriving at the dealer. Whether any priority was given with it being a replacement for a factory error I don't know, but having read about one or two similar delivery times recently I think it's unlikely. It's a 204 DSG non-4WD with a number of options.
It came within a week of the original unconfirmed estimated delivery time. Hopefully looking a bit more positive for other people waiting for theirs.

Based on the estimated build date I have it will be 8 1/2 months order to delevery

9 months and still no confirmed build date.

Provisional build week 6 at the moment, from an order placed in week 34, so six months and three weeks from order to pick-up if that date sticks.

5 votes for between 2-3 months - there is some hope I might miss the VED increase after all. I'm assuming these are straight factory orders, not cancellations, dealer swaps on demo vans etc.

Ordered in August '16, non confirmed build date of wk4 - that's 5 months if nothing changes, plus shipping etc. so at best? 6 1/2 to 7 months is my guess - Might just miss the VED increase. (but budgeting to have to pay)

5 votes for between 2-3 months - there is some hope I might miss the VED increase after all. I'm assuming these are straight factory orders, not cancellations, dealer swaps on demo vans etc.
My second van is one of those votes. It was definitely a straight factory order, inputted in the normal way as I have seen copies of the input screens and order confirmation which are the same as our previous order. What I don't know for sure is whether there was any subsequent queue jumping, having been logged as a VW fault case, though Customer Services reckoned it would have remained in the standard queue.
It's scandalous that even now there are still people here at 8+ months and no confirmed build date. There's just no way that VW's order system is treating customers fairly.

Ordered 204 DSG 4 Motion Ocean end of Sept. Currently unconfirmed build date of week 16. Thats the end of April. Very disappointing. I wish VW could put in additional resource to reduce these lead times especially with the new VED coming in April.

Ordered Bamboo Green 150 DGS 2nd week of Oct and no build date as yet – just a 'code 10' whatever that means?

The Plot thickens,

Over the weekend we made a few changes to the van, biggest change was the colour, from Bamboo Green to Candy White, and we changed the glass to green privacy glass.

On Friday when we had a Bamboo Green van on order we had a provisional week 10 Build, we have been told today that the Candy White van now has a provisional week 2 build.

So it could be that the colour was showing up the process, which makes absolutely no sense at all

I was beginning to err on the side of colour being a factor because it clearly has nothing to do with drive train/engine or options!

That may mean our bamboo green order gets brought forward as there's one less in the queue ;-)

I spoke to VW customer service today and they confirmed there is an issue with bamboo green

Ordered Bamboo Green 150 DGS 2nd week of Oct and no build date as yet – just a 'code 10' whatever that means?
Code 10 is an "unconfirmed build date" - it should have a week number attached to it to have any meaning.

The Plot thickens,

Over the weekend we made a few changes to the van, biggest change was the colour, from Bamboo Green to Candy White, and we changed the glass to green privacy glass.

On Friday when we had a Bamboo Green van on order we had a provisional week 10 Build, we have been told today that the Candy White van now has a provisional week 2 build.

So it could be that the colour was showing up the process, which makes absolutely no sense at all
Hi CA, you may recall that a few days ago I posted reported concerns about Bamboo Green on the "wheres my cali" thread. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/wheres-my-cali.16432/page-2#post-182624 .
I think your experience now confirms that report. Annoyingly your change now puts your provisional build date in front of mine where as before it was after......:headbang...... I'll be sending you the VED bill ....:D;);)

Hello Jabberwocky

Where's everyone getting the "code updates" from?

I've ordered an Ocean,150 manual in AB on the 10th Oct (demented already and its not even a month) and have only received the order number from the dealer to date!

Hello Jabberwocky

Where's everyone getting the "code updates" from?

I've ordered an Ocean,150 manual in AB on the 10th Oct (demented already and its not even a month) and have only received the order number from the dealer to date!
VW have a coded status system and every vehicle is allocated this code/status as it progresses through their internal processes from your order placement to transit from the factory. These are the status codes:

Status P – Awaiting allocation
Status V – Allocation assigned
Status 00 – Assigned to factory no production week scheduled
Status 10 – Factory ordered with provisional build week
Status 20 – Factory ordered with confirmed build week
Status 30 – In transit

The status of your vehicle can be obtained from two sources. The dealer themselves or VW customer service (you need your official VW order number when you contact VW CS).

I placed my order in Week 34 (August 24th) and it obtained a "Status 10 - week4" nine weeks later. I obtained this information from my dealer. For me Status P,V and 00 are not interesting (its about VW's Country allocation system) - it is only when you get to Status 10, 20 and 30 that you can start to believe something worthwhile is happening.

Of course the Status code is only meaningful if linked to a week number or date.

With your Cali only ordered on 10th October I would be surprised if it has got to Status 10 yet but worth asking.

Bear in mind that all Status week numbers/dates can change for the better or worse. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to these changes. You have been warned!!

Hope this is of help. JW

Thanks J

Just phoned VW CS and they've stated a provisional week 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks J

Just phoned VW CS and they've stated a provisional week 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gosh! You're on your way. Pleased for you. Not quite sure how you got in front of me when I ordered almost two months before you with the same colour and no fancy extras. Could be because yours is Manual - maybe mine's come forwards! Can but hope. I wont check in case it's gone the other way.

Gosh! You're on your way. Pleased for you. Not quite sure how you got in front of me when I ordered almost two months before you with the same colour and no fancy extras. Could be because yours is Manual - maybe mine's come forwards! Can but hope. I wont check in case it's gone the other way.
I hope it is week 3 but provisional dates mean very little it seems. I wouldn't be too discouraged or excited about a date until it's confirmed.

Back