Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California walk arounds

California Chris

California Chris

Vehicle
N/A
Hi all

We've produced a short walk around video on the new VW T6 California Ocean and Beach models... enjoy!

We're shooting more videos this week on specific features so it would be good to get some questions/feedback that we can work on.

Thanks

We don't really have much communication/ tech advice with SMG anymore. Can anyone give them positive help/advice, always good to get a Cali dealer on board.

I feel the same SMG are no longer supportive and it would be great to have a UK VW dealer helping out

Last edited by a moderator:
We're planning on doing a quick video this week on the different seating configs you can have on the Beach, it's a bit cramped with 7 seats to be honest!
Good idea, there are many new members on here who have the same questions and are unable to see how things work in practise. Maybe they are miles from a Cali dealer, or their dealer could have very little knowledge on Cali's, the more video info available the better. There should be a comprehensive video on how to properly raise and lower the roof without damage and how to use the wind out awning. Hard to take everything in completely with the vehicle handover. :thumb

It would be worth showing more detail on the roof hatch area of the the beach and exactly how the roof is secured / raised, as that is something that isn't covered in any of the brochures. We currently have an SE that we are trading in for a new beach shortly, but we didn't have a clue about how the beach roof worked until we went and looked at one.
Also consider putting the bed down in the 3 seat beach and highlight the difference in length and extra space in the van when the bed is out between this and the 2 seat / ocean
If you really want to go to town what about a demo on the road showing how the ACC works?
It may also help Ocean buyers if you ran through the operation of the camper control unit as that isn't really covered in the brochures. You decide if you want to tell people how fragile they are!
While your at it what about running through the infotainment / sat nav / app connect / CarPlay and all the various options on that?
I found the videos interesting to refresh my memory of what we are buying (a blue beach the same as the video) so I'm sure totally new potential buyers will as well.

We're planning on doing a quick video this week on the different seating configs you can have on the Beach, it's a bit cramped with 7 seats to be honest!
Do a 2 seater bench Beach with a box! Be the first to show the world it exists in T6. :D
Seriously you'll get some exclusive attentions with such a video.

Wow! What a response, there's been some great requests for videos. We'll try and shoot a couple this week and get them uploaded. Thanks a lot.

All the best with your new Beach Archie.

Chris

Wow! What a response, there's been some great requests for videos. We'll try and shoot a couple this week and get them uploaded. Thanks a lot.

Chris
Excellent videos. Very helpful. Many thanks.

Chris
Exactly the colour that I've ordered my Beach in so great to see. I would definitely think that people will appreciate the seating configuration video you have planned (how can those 7 seats be used/folded with/without the bed in use) but I would love to see more info on the parking heater - especially in a Beach with the different control panel. Thanks for posting these videos!

Can you please produce a video demonstrating CarPlay and Appconnect. Also the Dynaudio stereo upgrade incl where the speakers are located?

Hi all, here's our latest video on the various seating and sleeping options in the T6 Beach. Any questions on this particular video just ask! We're hoping to film a roof comparison on the Beach and Ocean tomorrow. Thanks

There are like hundreds of videos with 3 seat beaches, yet another one but good.
Seems a 2 seat bench version is a mystery :)

We did speak about a 2 seat bench with a box, which is completely possible. But we don't have one to shoot yet!

Thank you. Didnt know the comfor madress went over the 6-7 seats as well.

Thanks Chris
Good to see the comfort mattress unfolded. We have one on our SE which we have found OK, so have ordered one for the beach, but never actually saw one unfolded as they were all packaged up at the dealers.

You're welcome Archie, it comes unzipped so takes a few minutes to get it configured in the right order. But once that's done it folds up quite nicely.

Hi all, here's our latest video on the various seating and sleeping options in the T6 Beach. Any questions on this particular video just ask! We're hoping to film a roof comparison on the Beach and Ocean tomorrow. Thanks

Superb videos Chris. Many thanks. These are ideal for prospective owners as one video answers so many questions. Keep them coming please.

Hi all, after a bit of discussion we've decided to move our videos from a company YouTube channel to my own (very spoilt) California Chris channel. You can view it here if you're interested in our original videos and a few more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLoMkw6aq35KNvV9sNFM8A

We've just added 3 new How To videos, sure these will be of no help to the professionals here will but hopefully someone will find them useful...

Thanks

Chris

Just hit me how more convenient is a left hand drive. With most commonly easily rotated right seat.
Right hand users should mostly struggle rotating the driver's seat which isn't obstructed with kitchen.

Fantastic videos Chris - most informative for prospective new owners like myself. Thank you for taking the time to make them.

Superb videos Chris. Many thanks. These are ideal for prospective owners as one video answers so many questions. Keep them coming please.
Hi we have had our new Beach 6.1 camper, and here is a quick video.

Back