Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Coding

California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Is there much out there on VCDS coding for the T6 yet? I looked ok Ross-tech wiki but couldn't find anything? If so what kind of stuff and where to look?

In my experience Ross-Tech don't post much on their wiki other than service based guidance due to safety, emissions or regulatory concerns. I submitted a few Touareg ones to them and that's what they said in response.

The best way to find adaptations is to look at similar VW models that share the same module, for instance the central convenience module appears on many other models so Tiguan, Golf mods may also work. The vwvortex forum's R-T sponsored diagnostics area is a good start, but whatever you do, don't ask any questions without attaching a full scan our you'll get your head bitten off!

As soon as we get ours I'll do a level 2 scan and sent it in to R-T so they can get the label files matched up.

Thanks Stuart - I thought I had searched but managed to miss this useful thread.
Loz, researching ahead of HEX-CAN cable arriving on Friday. Just noticed there is a wireless version about to be released and wondering if I should have waited.

Last edited:
Thanks Stuart - I thought I had searched but managed to miss this useful thread.
Loz, I am pretty savvy with stuff like this but need to gen up on the basics - (cable arrives Friday) - can you point me the right direction?
The known "safe" stuff in Ross-Tech's opinion is added to the system under the [Adaption] buttions for each module, the known channels are listed in a pull down and you can simply select one like "Activate tear drop wipe" or "enable auto locking" and it selects the correct channel for you and offers popup help for the values etc.

Before you change ANYTHING do a full auto scan and save the log file. That way if you mess the coding up you can manually put the original coding back in.

Most stuff in adaption is safe, but avoid obvious modules like ABS, SRS system and engine so as not to compromise anything critical.

Have a go at measuring blocks as this allows you to measure stuff and is useful if you need to do troubleshooting later on after warranty is up.

Be carefull with the [Outputs] options as you can break stuff here :)

Thanks Loz - that's really helpful - will save autoscan as the very first thing I do. Seeing the layers of complexity I can see why no one has worked out coding for auto mirror yet....

Thanks Loz - that's really helpful - will save autoscan as the very first thing I do. Seeing the layers of complexity I can see why no one has worked out coding for auto mirror yet....
Auto dipping nearside mirror? its a bit hit and miss that one, on the Touareg we have had what seemed to be identical cars and one worked the other didn't.. :confused:

Mirrors auto folding when ignition off...cannot think why this wasn't standard feature.:( - but then again I equally can't think why they are keeping us waiting for App Connect retrofit. Now that would be a nice hack.

Back