Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Cycle rack easy modification

Jeeves

Jeeves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
This is a variation on a thread from couple of years ago on a T5 cycle rack. Noticed that on my T6 rack there is pre-drilled holes on either side of the foot packs (or wheel brace thingy)- This will accommodate the skewer from a quick release front wheel thus reducing height considerably.
Mines a boost Thru axle and just needed a little drilling out of the existing holes to accommodate the Thru bolt...seems to work. Posted on the Facebook page alsoIMG_1962.jpegIMG_1961.jpegIMG_1960.jpeg

This is a variation on a thread from couple of years ago on a T5 cycle rack. Noticed that on my T6 rack there is pre-drilled holes on either side of the foot packs (or wheel brace thingy)- This will accommodate the skewer from a quick release front wheel thus reducing height considerably.
Mines a boost Thru axle and just needed a little drilling out of the existing holes to accommodate the Thru bolt...seems to work. Posted on the Facebook page alsoView attachment 61730View attachment 61732View attachment 61731
Good tip. What is the tip for the T5/ Kylie bike rack that you allude to?

I didn’t even know the quick release had a part that comes off!

Mines a boost Thru axle and just needed a little drilling out of the existing holes to accommodate the Thru bolt...seems to work. Posted on the Facebook page alsoView attachment 61730View attachment 61732View attachment 61731
Brilliant! Thanks for sharing this information

For additional peace of mind you could also use a security skewer when attaching your bike. Something like this (don't know if it's through axle compatible or not)

Last edited:
Back